The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

How to ping someone on the forum

Olga33
Visit My Farm

How to ping someone on the forum

Post by Olga33 »

Hello Members of Horse World Online!

Every now and then someone needs to reach another player for various reasons but the problem is that many of us don't know how to do it. I was one of the many people who often times needed to reach someone through the forum but didn't know how its done, and being guided through it, I would get confused, so it hardly seemed to actually work correctly.
After seeking help from many people and asking in the forums to learn how this is done, I finally got the hang of one method to ping someone! I would like to share this with you so you too can comfortably and easily reach anyone you want through posting in the forum, whether or not the player you are trying to reach has a premium account or not! The secret lies with in a little formula! ;)

The Formula looks like this:

[ quote= "name"] message [/quote]

(I color coded it to help you understand the instructions for how to use it)

Here is how you use it:

First off, you need to know the correct username of the player you are trying to reach so you don't accidently send it someone else.
Second, keep in mind that there is no spacing to be placed ANYWHERE except for when you type your message you are trying to pass along.

At last, here is how you fill in the Formula:
See where it says name in between the quotation marks? That is where you put the name of the player you are trying to reach WITHOUT SPACING after the first quotation mark (") and before the last quotation mark ("). Only if there is spacing in the players name, then that is where you put the space.
Next, see where it says message? That is where you type your message that you are trying to get to the player you are trying to reach.

After you fill all that in, you don't need to put anything else anywhere else. Just submit your message and it will post on there as a ping message for the player you addressed it to!

In order to know it worked correctly, here is an example of what it would look like after you submit your message:
example wrote:Message Here
Explaining the Example:
where you see the word Example, it will say the name of the person you are trying to reach, NOT your name! And where it says Message Here, there should be your message you want the receiver to get.

There is another way of doing this to make your name be the one saying your message instead of the person you are trying to reach, but sadly I do not know yet how to properly do that. I will be sure to write about it here in the future when I find out how it works!

Have an adventurous day at Horse World Online!

I hope this guide will save you lots a trouble and good luck reaching the player you need!
If anyone has anything to add that I might have missed, feel free to add something down below!
Fox13
Visit My Farm

Re: How to ping someone on the forum

Post by Fox13 »

Olga33 wrote:...
Good write up! And thanks for posting this for the community.
As to finish this
Olga33 wrote:There is another way of doing this to make your name be the one saying your message instead of the person you are trying to reach, but sadly I do not know yet how to properly do that. I will be sure to write about it here in the future when I find out how it works!
Just go to the very end of the quote [/ quote] (you can hit control end) then just hit the return twice or three times. This will begin a 'new paragraph' after the quote ends.
So...
All of this:
[ quote= "name"] message [/quote]
Then go to the very end, after the last square bracket.

Hope this makes sense.
Aleksia
Visit My Farm

Re: How to ping someone on the forum

Post by Aleksia »

thx i did work
:)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 am