Community Forum

Understanding the Breeders Report and Conformation Evaluation

Wysper
Visit My Farm

Re: Understanding the Breeders Report and Conformation Evaluation

Post by Wysper »

I must say, as a very new player, this was exceedingly helpful!

I love genetics and have always played around with them in the past and in some previous games, but I have to say this is the best reflection of TRUE possibilities that I have seen on a game to date. I am looking forward to creating some fun breeds that haven't been discovered yet! And I'm well on my way already.

Thank you for taking the time to write this out. :-)
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

I have some horses that had greens and no longer do, and their BR isn't even yellow, so I'm assuming the cutoffs have been adjusted. Regardless, it would be nice to know what the value for a yellow stat vs green stat is now.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

A write up on the genetic potential feature would be nice to have as well.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

Argent II wrote:A write up on the genetic potential feature would be nice to have as well.
I agree. I sorted through my horses by genetic potential and I'm surprised to say some of my best horses, going by that, had missed being added to my show string. I'm curious to see what that has to do with showing or producing greens in foals.
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

Well, GP is an overall score, so those may not actually be your best horses for any particular discipline.

MammaWolf
Visit My Farm

Post by MammaWolf »

So is it possible to change the Genetic Potential number? I only ask because I remember while playing Howrse, the more you train your horse the higher the GP # raised, and breeding a horse after "years" of training would produce better foals. I'm wondering if there is a similar game mechanic? I've noticed after training my initial adopted horse, his GP hasn't raised, so does training have any effect on the quality of foals he will sire?
AlsoAlaina
Visit My Farm

Post by AlsoAlaina »

MammaWolf wrote:So is it possible to change the Genetic Potential number? I only ask because I remember while playing Howrse, the more you train your horse the higher the GP # raised, and breeding a horse after "years" of training would produce better foals. I'm wondering if there is a similar game mechanic? I've noticed after training my initial adopted horse, his GP hasn't raised, so does training have any effect on the quality of foals he will sire?
No, on this game a horse's GP won't change as it's all completely dependent on the genes it was born with. I think the game was set up this way to allow new players to have a fair shot of running a successful string of show horses right from the get go. Training purely allows you to unlock a horse's full potential when showing. So the horse you trained will probably do better in shows now but it won't affect any future foals he sires. :)
Kariluv524
Visit My Farm

Post by Kariluv524 »

You specified the range of a green stat value (65-100) So what about the golds? Its been a new update since this post, and id like to know :)
Flyer-owl
Visit My Farm

Post by Flyer-owl »

Kariluv524 wrote:You specified the range of a green stat value (65-100) So what about the golds? Its been a new update since this post, and id like to know :)
Same here! Are they "gold" (better than green)
Or are they "yellow/orange" (worse than green) ??
MuddyPuddles
Visit My Farm

Post by MuddyPuddles »

as a returning player (away for at least 6 months) I would really like more details on genetic potential & also this new colour added to the stats; is it gold (good) or yellowish (not so good)?
Become a Patron!