Community Forum

~DWM~ Horse Training Guide

chelsea_08082
Visit My Farm

Re: ~DWM~ Horse Training Guide

Post by chelsea_08082 »

Kayaine wrote:By popular request, my thoughts, opinions, and training method. Otherwise known as, How to train your horse before age 3!

* Please note that the number of years it takes to train your horse will somewhat depend on both your training style and the number of player courses you have completed.

This guide is under construction and will be updated in parts and pieces as I train a test horse over the next day or two. :D Note: I'm in the middle of moving at the moment, so it may not look super pretty or readable until I get finished with that.
Quick Start Training Courses
* The fastest way to take down the number of years it takes to complete horse training is to focus on a few key training course areas.
In what I feel to be the order of importance:
1. Energy Saver Courses:
The less energy your horse uses per turn, the more it will be able to train once its stamina is sufficiently high. When you've completed all the energy saver courses, a horse with max stamina will take only 5% energy to complete most techniques. That's a maximum of 20 thirty minute sessions of whatever per turn!

2. Stamina Training Courses:
One thing that determines how much energy a particular action will take is Stamina! In the beginning, your horse may only be able to do 10-20 minutes at a Walk in the Arena while Longing on the Flat. But if you keep at it, eventually, your horse will be able to do practically anything! And the stamina training courses will allow your stamina to go up even faster!

3. Training Techniques/Advanced Training:
These are the courses that affect all stats a little bit . The reason these are more important than any other other courses that you can do is that once you've finished the energy saver and stamina courses, these are the only other courses you can do that will continue to affect stamina! So you'll hit max stamina even faster still, and maxing stamina means minimizing energy!

4. Fast Courses Not Already Completed:
When I say fast courses, I mean any course that will take you under an hour . You may have already done some of these or you may not have. Just take an afternoon and set a course while you're making dinner or something, note the time, and come back and start another one as soon as it is finished. Just make sure if you're going to bed to start a really long course, so you're not wasting time.

5. Movement Courses:
With the way I train horses, and subsequently the training method listed, movement is the stat that ends up being the hardest to train after stamina. Hence, movement courses!

6. All Other Courses:
After everything listed has been completed, you can choose what you want to focus on. It may be a specific discipline's stats or it may be something that takes you longer than others to train. I usually just picked a couple and completed all the shorter ones, 6 hours or less during the day, and left everything else to work overnight or while I went to work/school.
Thanks this was really helpful! :D
madscogg
Visit My Farm

Post by madscogg »

I completed both the stamina and technique training however when I go to train at the walk on the longe for 10 minutes it still only raises stamina by .34% which is what it has always been increased by even before I completed the courses. Do I need to complete other courses or is this just how slowly it increases? I was under the impression that if I completed the courses it would increase by a higher percentage.
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Post by KayaineII »

madscogg wrote:I completed both the stamina and technique training however when I go to train at the walk on the longe for 10 minutes it still only raises stamina by .34% which is what it has always been increased by even before I completed the courses. Do I need to complete other courses or is this just how slowly it increases? I was under the impression that if I completed the courses it would increase by a higher percentage.
Longer times make the increases more obvious. The shorter times don't show very much differences. And it has a cumulative effect, so if you've completed 1 class, then the effect is much less than if you've completed all of the classes. Aside from that, stamina mostly effects energy usage. The amount of energy it takes for you to complete an action is what should show the most difference.
madscogg
Visit My Farm

Post by madscogg »

KayaineII wrote:
madscogg wrote:I completed both the stamina and technique training however when I go to train at the walk on the longe for 10 minutes it still only raises stamina by .34% which is what it has always been increased by even before I completed the courses. Do I need to complete other courses or is this just how slowly it increases? I was under the impression that if I completed the courses it would increase by a higher percentage.
Longer times make the increases more obvious. The shorter times don't show very much differences. And it has a cumulative effect, so if you've completed 1 class, then the effect is much less than if you've completed all of the classes. Aside from that, stamina mostly effects energy usage. The amount of energy it takes for you to complete an action is what should show the most difference.

If I would have paid attention I would have notice I hadn't completed all of the stamina courses. That would explain it :shock: :roll: :D
meaghanne
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by meaghanne »

I'm far from finishing all of the courses necessary, but I've been applying these methods and the difference was amazing. I usually had everything done when they were 6 going on 7 but I've been finishing at around 5. Can't thank you enough for writing this all out! Saves a lot of headaches!
Bar Heart Ranch |<3
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Extremely useful. Now it's possible to train a horse to 797% and more before it reaches 3.5 years. Thank you!
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Hi. Thanks for the guide it will be extremely useful. Could you give me an idea of how long the energy saver courses will take to complete? I know this is an awkward question as player level will make a difference. I have no attribute points assigned to either of the attributes and at the moment I'm on level four on energy saver level 2.

The reason I ask is because I have a new born colt who will make a great endurance competitor when trained and I have got my game on hold until I acquire the skills to train him.
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

Ricardo Ardo wrote:Hi. Thanks for the guide it will be extremely useful. Could you give me an idea of how long the energy saver courses will take to complete? I know this is an awkward question as player level will make a difference. I have no attribute points assigned to either of the attributes and at the moment I'm on level four on energy saver level 2.

The reason I ask is because I have a new born colt who will make a great endurance competitor when trained and I have got my game on hold until I acquire the skills to train him.
The first couple of courses only take a few minutes to an hour. After that, I think they start cranking up to 5-9 hours for the next set of courses, and then maybe a couple that take a few days.

To be honest, it's been more than a year since I've done them, so I can't remember better than that. I think all told, energy saver courses may have taken me two weeks to complete all of them, but I can't really be sure anymore.
Hydronium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hydronium »

This is Absolutely amazing :D !
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

bump