The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Cream & Champagne? Black base?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Aliw1995
Visit My Farm

Cream & Champagne? Black base?

Post by Aliw1995 »

AWE Desert Rule

I think he is a classic cream champagne.. Black + cream + champagne. I could be wrong though ...
Andraste
Visit My Farm

Re: Cream & Champagne? Black base?

Post by Andraste »

I believe this one is a Classic Champagne with no cream. If I recall correctly, even a single allele of cream on a champagne horse makes them almost white.
Aliw1995
Visit My Farm

Post by Aliw1995 »

Andraste wrote:I believe this one is a Classic Champagne with no cream. If I recall correctly, even a single allele of cream on a champagne horse makes them almost white.
His dam is classic champagne and she looks completely different
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Aliw1995 wrote:AWE Desert Rule

I think he is a classic cream champagne.. Black + cream + champagne. I could be wrong though ...
Definitely on black in my opinion. Single black, single champagne, single tiger eye. I can see why you want to say a single cream, but does a single cream on black when coupled with champagne lighten the coat? Single cream on black only changes the foal coat.

Desert Dash (stud) does appear to be a double cream and can certainly be since the blacks in his line all carried a single cream (from a double cream, black stallion Magic Spiral).

I am agreeing, black + cream + champagne.

Also note that the dam has pangare so this colt could also be hiding pangare.

Are you looking at the correct dam? She is a bay pangare.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Aliw1995 wrote:AWE Desert Rule
Andraste wrote:
BlackOak is correct - the horse is a Classic Cream Champagne. While a single cream on a pure black coat does not cause visible dilution on the adult, a single cream on black + champagne will cause visible dilution. As an example, the first horse below is a Classic Roan, the second is Classic Cream Roan. The only difference between the two is the addition of a single cream on the second horse.

If the colt in question was simply Classic Champagne (no cream involved) he would be closer in shade to this horse:

Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

I also think it is Classic Champagne.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 pm