The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Does white exist?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Ard
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Does white exist?

Post by Ard »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/p ... .png[/img]

Surprise baby! He's probably a double cream? I always thought Dad was pure black XD So, what exactly is going on here?

Also question: Does Albinism exist in this game? How would you tell the difference?
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Does white exist?

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Ard wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/p ... .png[/img]

Surprise baby! He's probably a double cream? I always thought Dad was pure black XD So, what exactly is going on here?

Also question: Does Albinism exist in this game? How would you tell the difference?
Looks like a cremello to me

I suspect your horse's sire was a smoky black

No white doesn't exist in game
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Fox13
Visit My Farm

Re: Does white exist?

Post by Fox13 »

Ard wrote:

Baranduin Brewster is correct. White is not yet added to the game. The same goes for albino (that's a hot topic and may or may not ever be added to the game). If you're asking for the difference between white and albino, in other mammals, it is generally distinguished apart by red eyes (or pink) versus other color eyes. As far as the game on white when it gets added, I should think our admins will offer the foals and adult coloration for white as it happens nominally the same way as it does in real life (which is separate from gray, the graying gene and separate from painted and over expression of markings). We must wait to see.

You may find these links helpful to you:

Quick Start Guide For Newbies (offers insight for what is normal for the game as well as idiosyncrasies, some errors you may encounter and also what hasn't yet been added that is most often asked about)

Beginner's Guide to Identifying Horse Colors (very good if, yes, or, no setup to pinpoint what color you may have if you don't know where to start)

Horse colours: Names and pictures (this guide is extensive, under construction and offers pictures, insight and examples of extreme expressions of colors)

This one's older, but still useful: HWO Horse Color Guide (these are what the horses tended to look like when the game was still in early development and I think also early release, however, the color expressions are still accurate enough to aid in identification)

And finally: What Color is My Horse? Quick Guide by Ancient Breed (for when you are decently aware of colors, this guide offers insight into the genes, which breed they come from and what each breed can offer)

I think these are the one's most of us use (generally speaking), when we need our own help to identify colors. There is a lot of different information on this game and it takes time to figure out what you need and where to get it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:03 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:03 am