The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Is this horse Chestnut Roan or Chestnut Dun?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
GrayJay
Visit My Farm

Is this horse Chestnut Roan or Chestnut Dun?

Post by GrayJay »

I haven't bred many horses yet, and I haven't encountered this color before. It seems that it should be simple to tell for those of you who know your colours.

Is this Forest Horse Chestnut Roan or Chestnut Dun (or something else)? I think both roan and dun lighten the coat, but I can't tell if there's a dorsal stripe on the back which would imply dun (also there are no leg markings so I don't think it's dun). I'm guessing it's roan but I'm not sure. I've looked at the pictures in the color guides but I can't quite tell. The breeding of this horse is not very complex (three generations from Adoption Centre horses).

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1011747
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this horse Chestnut Roan or Chestnut Dun?

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

GrayJay wrote:I haven't bred many horses yet, and I haven't encountered this color before. It seems that it should be simple to tell for those of you who know your colours.

Is this Forest Horse Chestnut Roan or Chestnut Dun (or something else)? I think both roan and dun lighten the coat, but I can't tell if there's a dorsal stripe on the back which would imply dun (also there are no leg markings so I don't think it's dun). I'm guessing it's roan but I'm not sure. I've looked at the pictures in the color guides but I can't quite tell. The breeding of this horse is not very complex (three generations from Adoption Centre horses).

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1011747
He is a Chestnut Dun

He has a dorsal stripe and Zipper marks on his legs
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
GrayJay
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this horse Chestnut Roan or Chestnut Dun?

Post by GrayJay »

Thanks!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:31 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:31 pm