The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What kind of Champagne?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Blostma
Visit My Farm

What kind of Champagne?

Post by Blostma »

I know my filly has champagne but I can't figure out what her base coat is or if she has other dilution genes. The white points have left me clueless. Any help?

Fox13
Visit My Farm

Re: What kind of Champagne?

Post by Fox13 »

Blostma wrote:I know my filly has champagne but I can't figure out what her base coat is or if she has other dilution genes. The white points have left me clueless. Any help?

The white legs are from flaxen. If she were to grow in feathers, they would be white, matching her mane and tail, not golden like her body. They're not from pangare. Pangare would offer a pale flank and eye and nose expressions near or matching the white coloration of her legs. Plus... pangare generally offers a 'wash-out' of the base color, not adding white to the base color. Think of mixing paints. Add water and you get a paler version, add white and you change the shade.
Flaxen indicates she's red-based.
Flaxen gold champagne, pearl carrier.

That's my thought process.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 am