The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Colour?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Aliw1995
Visit My Farm

Colour?

Post by Aliw1995 »

Flaxen red dun or? I would have said silver, but silver doesn't express on red.
AWE Window in the Skies
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Colour?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Aliw1995 wrote:Flaxen red dun or? I would have said silver, but silver doesn't express on red.
I agree with you wholeheartedly (including the fact I'd want to say silver too! :lol: )

Flaxen red dun. Very nice flaxen coloration. Definitely going into my favorites post.
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

Flaxen AND dun I think!
Dun - because of the dark line beneath the mane (and darker head/legs than body ofc, but that line shows up on even foals so that's the first sign to come).
Her light feet makes me think flaxen. Flaxen makes mane + tail + feathers lighter, and I think it might show up as lighter feet as well, but I'm not 100% sure. It could maybe also be pangaré, but that´s typically not constricted to the feet only...
Aliw1995
Visit My Farm

Post by Aliw1995 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Aliw1995 wrote:Flaxen red dun or? I would have said silver, but silver doesn't express on red.
I agree with you wholeheartedly (including the fact I'd want to say silver too! :lol: )

Flaxen red dun. Very nice flaxen coloration. Definitely going into my favorites post.
He is stunning isn't he? I'd say he's the nicest looking that Ive ever produced. Kudos to his sires breeder since thats where he cot his colour!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Aliw1995 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

He is stunning isn't he? I'd say he's the nicest looking that Ive ever produced. Kudos to his sires breeder since thats where he cot his colour!
He is!
I've had a couple belgian-types that have had similar flaxen, but nothing nearly that bright, silvery-white. It's great the diversity this game offers us.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:01 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:01 pm