The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Looking for Other Opinions

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for Other Opinions

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: We'll have to wait until she blows her foal coat. I'm leaning toward black myself. Kind of like 55 to 45 type of split, but factoring in the dun gene changes my thoughts a little. More like 60/40 with dun, favoring brown.
:D Apparently, I am NOT a gambler!

Very nice silver brown. It has to be those dark eyes in conjunction with the light skin. Maybe it's because light coats always have light eyes that I prefer the contrast better. Light, light, light, light... then WHAM - 'black' eyes.

I've been debating eventually breeding pearl into my low GP project. Silver black grullo's with pearl. But I'm not there yet.
Well she's definitely dun. She's got the stripes coming in on her legs. I've labelled her as grulla pearl for now - she's still super uniform in her coloration apart from the dun markings, making me about 95% sure she's black-based.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:...
She turned out quite nice. It's interesting that she didn't color-shift like grullos usually do. Tack a new clue into the pearls and blacks book.
I wonder now if any of them will shift toward gray?
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Raikit wrote:...
She turned out quite nice. It's interesting that she didn't color-shift like grullos usually do. Tack a new clue into the pearls and blacks book.
I wonder now if any of them will shift toward gray?
No idea. I'll just have to see how my experiments turn out. XD
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:04 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:04 am