The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

???

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

???

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

I have some Lipizzaners and most are this colour:

An example-

Click me

She looks grey though has a mottled nose suggesting champagne (sire and dam have champagne gene) I’m thinking maybe ivory champagne and something else? She also has blue/green eyes.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: ???

Post by Raikit »

LlamaLlama99 wrote:I have some Lipizzaners and most are this colour:

An example-

Click me

She looks grey though has a mottled nose suggesting champagne (sire and dam have champagne gene) I’m thinking maybe ivory champagne and something else? She also has blue/green eyes.
You are correct, she does have champagne (most of the "white" horses on this game are champagne-based). Because of how light she is it will be difficult to deduce her genotypic coloration, but I'll give it a shot.

First, both her sire and dam are grey. That gives her at least a 75% chance of also being grey (possibly 100% if either or both parents are homozygous). Looking at her color progression, I'm going to guess that she is, though it's hard to be sure.

Her dam is silver amber cream under the grey. We know the dam passed her cream gene because of how light your girl is. For the moment I'm also guessing that she passed her silver. Looking at her pedigree, her most likely genotype is this: E/? A/a Cr/cr Ch/? G/g Z/?

The sire is much harder to tell. The one immediately discernible thing is that he is grey. Looking at his parents I know that he is heterozygous grey because his sire was not grey. His mother was a perlino so we know that he got a cream from her, but did not get champagne from her. So for now we know that he is Cr/?, Ch/ch, and G/g. His sire has no adult pictures, making it difficult to know what color he ended up being, but he looks like a double-dilute which would making this boy Cr/Cr. With how white he is in his baby picture I'm going to guess (and it's truly only a guess) that he is a black-based, double-cream, silver-diluted, champagne under grey (Silver Smokey Cream Champagne). That would give us this genotype: E/? a/a Cr/Cr Ch/ch G/g Z/?

So with all of this information my best educated guess is that your horse is Grey over Silver Smokey Cream Champagne. (E/? a/a Cr/Cr Ch/ch G/? Z/?) If you were interested in testing this theory the best thing to do would be to breed her to an undiluted black horse and see what pops out.

EDIT: I just saw that you did indeed breed her to a black horse and ended up with a baby that was black silver under grey. That adds good evidence that your mare is black-based. The foal also was not champagne, meaning that your mare is heterozygous fro the champagne gene. (I've edited the above genotype to reflect this.) Because your mare is a double dilute her foal is actually a cryptic black, meaning that is hiding a cream gene (also called smoky black).
Last edited by Raikit on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

Raikit wrote:
LlamaLlama99 wrote:I have some Lipizzaners and most are this colour:

An example-

Click me

You are correct, she does have champagne (most of the "white" horses on this game are champagne-based). Because of how light she is it will be difficult to deduce her genotypic coloration, but I'll give it a shot.

First, both her sire and dam are grey. That gives her at least a 75% chance of also being grey (possibly 100% if either or both parents are homozygous). Looking at her color progression, I'm going to guess that she is, though it's hard to be sure.

Her dam is silver amber cream under the grey. We know the dam passed her cream gene because of how light your girl is. For the moment I'm also guessing that she passed her silver. Looking at her pedigree, her most likely genotype is this: E/? A/a Cr/cr Ch/? G/g Z/?

The sire is much harder to tell. The one immediately discernible thing is that he is grey. Looking at his parents I know that he is heterozygous grey because his sire was not grey. His mother was a perlino so we know that he got a cream from her, but did not get champagne from her. So for now we know that he is Cr/?, Ch/ch, and G/g. His sire has no adult pictures, making it difficult to know what color he ended up being, but he looks like a double-dilute which would making this boy Cr/Cr. With how white he is in his baby picture I'm going to guess (and it's truly only a guess) that he is a black-based, double-cream, silver-diluted, champagne under grey (Silver Smokey Cream Champagne). That would give us this genotype: E/? a/a Cr/Cr Ch/ch G/g Z/?

So with all of this information my best educated guess is that your horse is Grey over Silver Smokey Cream Champagne. (E/? a/a Cr/Cr Ch/? G/? Z/?) If you were interested in testing this theory the best thing to do would be to breed her to an undiluted black horse and see what pops out.
Thanks! I actually bred her to a black horse before and the foal turned out silver dapple. He is also greying.

LM Pluto Pony
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

LlamaLlama99 wrote:
Thanks! I actually bred her to a black horse before and the foal turned out silver dapple. He is also greying.

LM Pluto Pony
Yeah, I saw that after I posted. :lol: I've updated the above post to reflect the added data.
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

Raikit wrote:
LlamaLlama99 wrote:

LM Pluto Pony
Yeah, I saw that after I posted. :lol: I've updated the above post to reflect the added data.

Haha no worries! :D :lol: !
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:19 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:19 am