The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

A Little Help Please...?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Re: A Little Help Please...?

Post by Tisha »

Stormchase Stables wrote: Haha I'm getting to it! Originality and plot are the two categories where most people get lower scores. But I can already say yours was good :D
Yeah, I read through all the entries and results. Highest scorer is Malakai, right?
Thanks! I wonder how good is the good though. :lol:
<CS> Racers
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Haha I'm getting to it! Originality and plot are the two categories where most people get lower scores. But I can already say yours was good :D
Yeah, I read through all the entries and results. Highest scorer is Malakai, right?
Thanks! I wonder how good is the good though. :lol:
Yes, although I have a few more stories to judge. Someone may "de-throne" them :lol:
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
Champi0nBr66der3 wrote: No problem. Tell toads200 she's welcome to too.
*Whispers* Did I clinch a place in the top three?
Back to colours. do you think I labeled this guy correctly?

Alright :)
Can't tell you that now! You'll see in a few minutes (; :lol:
I think so, again, I might not be right.
I've got some color correction for you. :)

Firstly, Soulless General is correct.

Secondly, Gold Rolex is actually Silver Classic Champage, not Amber Cream. If you look at her lower legs, they match her main body color to closely for her to be bay-based. Then if you look at her foal picture she has a mane and tail color that is very typical of silver foals, especially that reddish line underneath the mane. The silver is affecting her entire body, turning it uniformly gold, which means that she is black-based. Her sire was a cream-pearl dilute, so your mare carries either pearl or cream. I don't know the champagne baby pictures well enough to be able to tell which she is carrying.

Third, the other two are Silver Classic Cream Pearl. This is easier to determine on Red Silver - she is a double-dilute but her mother did not have cream. Therefore her mother must have carried pearl and the foal received cream from the sire. We know they are both black-based because of the dapples covering their body - they are much too light for the dapples to be caused by sooty and they are not grey, so the only other place the dapples could have originated is the silver dapple gene which will only affect the body of a black horse.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Silverine wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Alright :)
Can't tell you that now! You'll see in a few minutes (; :lol:
I think so, again, I might not be right.

Secondly, Gold Rolex is actually Silver Classic Champage, not Amber Cream. If you look at her lower legs, they match her main body color to closely for her to be bay-based. Then if you look at her foal picture she has a mane and tail color that is very typical of silver foals, especially that reddish line underneath the mane. The silver is affecting her entire body, turning it uniformly gold, which means that she is black-based. Her sire was a cream-pearl dilute, so your mare carries either pearl or cream. I don't know the champagne baby pictures well enough to be able to tell which she is carrying.

Third, the other two are Silver Classic Cream Pearl. This is easier to determine on Red Silver - she is a double-dilute but her mother did not have cream. Therefore her mother must have carried pearl and the foal received cream from the sire. We know they are both black-based because of the dapples covering their body - they are much too light for the dapples to be caused by sooty and they are not grey, so the only other place the dapples could have originated is the silver dapple gene which will only affect the body of a black horse.
Okay thank you, I'll remember that. I honestly thought she was Amber Cream :lol:
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

Silverine wrote:

Thank you!

Glad to know I don't fail horribly at some colours. :lol:

Yeah, you're right! I should have noticed the mane and tail colour. Huh, never thought of that, I just really can't identify Champagne horses. That makes sense. I tried tracking her pedigree but eh, I didn't know enough, especially with the pale colour of her sire.

Yeah that makes sense too!

Thank you Silverine!
<CS> Racers
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:06 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:06 pm