The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Extreme Sooty?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Rosecreekstablesfarm
Visit My Farm

Extreme Sooty?

Post by Rosecreekstablesfarm »

So I'm okay with colors until something like this comes up. I was thinking he was a Chocolate Palamino, but once he turned to 6 months his coat with haywire! Can someone please explain the genes and coloring for him to me? It would be very much appreciated!
The First of the Last
Rosecreekstablesfarm
Visit My Farm

Re: Extreme Sooty?

Please help me! It has gotten even worse (if that is the right word)
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Rosecreekstablesfarm wrote:So I'm okay with colors until something like this comes up. I was thinking he was a Chocolate Palamino, but once he turned to 6 months his coat with haywire! Can someone please explain the genes and coloring for him to me? It would be very much appreciated!
The First of the Last
He is actually just brown, he should also have a cream, sooty I'm not exactly sure about, so he should be something along to (E/e At_ Cr/n) (definitely one e as one of his parents is chestnut, the At cause brown; the cr from his buckskin parent as the warm spots are more golden than redish-brown)
Rosecreekstablesfarm
Visit My Farm

Nazarach wrote:
Rosecreekstablesfarm wrote:So I'm okay with colors until something like this comes up. I was thinking he was a Chocolate Palamino, but once he turned to 6 months his coat with haywire! Can someone please explain the genes and coloring for him to me? It would be very much appreciated!
The First of the Last
He is actually just brown, he should also have a cream, sooty I'm not exactly sure about, so he should be something along to (E/e At_ Cr/n) (definitely one e as one of his parents is chestnut, the At cause brown; the cr from his buckskin parent as the warm spots are more golden than redish-brown)
That makes sense. Thank you so much!
meganamber
Visit My Farm

Post by meganamber »

The First of the Last
He would be classified as Smoky Brown. He is a brown horse with one cream gene.
Currently working on Freibergs, Mustangs, and Paint Belgians
Home of Titan, one of HW's top racing Thoroughbreds
Breeder of the first Freiberg
Farm Log
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:18 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:18 pm