The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

possible greying Genes? and my new horse?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Trix the Jedi
Visit My Farm

possible greying Genes? and my new horse?

Post by Trix the Jedi »

three of my horses seem to have the genes that make their coats go grey with age. I've only noticed this recently with Silly Darkness and while back with Rain Runner who I adopted from the adoption center and her colt, Wind Runner who is starting to lighten in color.
Silly Darkness,10 years, 10.6 months

Rain runner,12 years, 7.1 months

Wind Runner,6 years, 4.1 month

am i just imagining this or Is that what's happening? Also I recently adopted another new horse,and was wondering if any one could tell me what color she is:
Mama
meganamber
Visit My Farm

Re: possible greying Genes? and my new horse?

Post by meganamber »

Trix the Jedi wrote:three of my horses seem to have the genes that make their coats go grey with age. I've only noticed this recently with Silly Darkness and while back with Rain Runner who I adopted from the adoption center and her colt, Wind Runner who is starting to lighten in color.
Silly Darkness,10 years, 10.6 months

Rain runner,12 years, 7.1 months

Wind Runner,6 years, 4.1 month

am i just imagining this or Is that what's happening? Also I recently adopted another new horse,and was wondering if any one could tell me what color she is:
Mama
Silly Darkness has what you would call varnishing going on, instead of greying. Wind runner and Rain runner were both originally bay, but you are right in that they are greying. Mama looks like a bay dun to me. Hope this helps!!
Currently working on Freibergs, Mustangs, and Paint Belgians
Home of Titan, one of HW's top racing Thoroughbreds
Breeder of the first Freiberg
Farm Log
Trix the Jedi
Visit My Farm

Re: possible greying Genes? and my new horse?

Post by Trix the Jedi »

thanks
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm