The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Weird color

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
allaroo
Visit My Farm

Weird color

Post by allaroo »

Paint Stallion

Sooty palomino or Buckskin?
He looks like a palomino with sooty legs but I am not sure.
Breeding Quality Paints Since 2018
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Re: Weird color

Post by Scythian »

allaroo wrote:
Sooty palomino or Buckskin?
He looks like a palomino with sooty legs but I am not sure.
My best guess is Sooty Palomino -- compared with his grandsire Tribal Sun, the legs are darkened gold, not true black as you'd see with a real Buckskin, even a Silver. He may also have Smoky, which shows up at birth or shortly afterward, and appears on a few areas of the body.

Here's the Profile Page of a Sooty Silver Buckskin Roan filly, Pointless, currently 2 years 9 months old. Gallery images were taken at birth, 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years. You can see that she has had those Smoky areas on her neck and shoulders and the point of her hip since birth. Her lower legs were grayed at birth and progressed to true black with age. The "roan" describes the darkening of her face and upper legs, which is producing a deeper tone to her basic body color.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/995005
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:43 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:43 am