The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by nyraeia »

WickedSinZ wrote:could someone help me with this coat. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/350173
New to all this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

You've got a pretty semi Leopard with Snowflakes on your hands. His base colour is chestnut and he is - as all horses with Leopard complex here do - exhibiting Varnish Roan (that's the thing that lightens his coat with age).
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

WickedSinZ wrote:could someone help me with this coat. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/350173
New to all this. Any help would be greatly appreciated
He is chestnut appaloosa with varnish roan.
WickedSinZ
Visit My Farm

Post by WickedSinZ »

thank you all so much :D
Ashean
Visit My Farm

Post by Ashean »

So I bought a mare from the marketplace and I'm trying to figure out her genes so I can track what her foals will have.

So far I have her as Bay Dun, but her coat doesn't look red enough, unless I haven't seen all the bay variations. And lighter colored area on her nose has me thrown. I haven't seen any bays or bay duns with that...

Any input would be appreciated, thanks :)
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Ashean wrote:So I bought a mare from the marketplace and I'm trying to figure out her genes so I can track what her foals will have.

So far I have her as Bay Dun, but her coat doesn't look red enough, unless I haven't seen all the bay variations. And lighter colored area on her nose has me thrown. I haven't seen any bays or bay duns with that...

Any input would be appreciated, thanks :)
I agree with you, she looks bay dun. Bays can be very dark (chestnuts, too, but she has black legs). The lighter area is probably some mealy/pangaré :)
Also, she's half adoption center Tarpan and they're always bay dun.
Kariluv524
Visit My Farm

Post by Kariluv524 »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/425128 Whats this, I'm new, but it seems odd.
Kariluv524
Visit My Farm

Post by Kariluv524 »

{кαяιℓυν} Soaring Hawk

Whats this, I'm new to this game, and this looks odd, as far as the legs and the neck mark there
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Kariluv524 wrote:{кαяιℓυν} Soaring Hawk

Whats this, I'm new to this game, and this looks odd, as far as the legs and the neck mark there
The neck mark you're speaking of is a giveaway for Dun. The base colour of your horse is bay (brown body, dark points , mane and tail). This means your horse is bay dun. You may have noticed that it's also shinier than other horses. This comes from training its muscles but it's even more than that (compared to dam's picture). So your horse also has a gene that some players like to indicate here with "metallic".
Kariluv524
Visit My Farm

Post by Kariluv524 »

nyraeia wrote:
Kariluv524 wrote:{кαяιℓυν} Soaring Hawk

The neck mark you're speaking of is a giveaway for Dun. The base colour of your horse is bay (brown body, dark points , mane and tail). This means your horse is bay dun. You may have noticed that it's also shinier than other horses. This comes from training its muscles but it's even more than that (compared to dam's picture). So your horse also has a gene that some players like to indicate here with "metallic".
Thanks !
rarebreed
Visit My Farm

Post by rarebreed »

What color is my TB x colt? Apricot or Dunalino? His mother is a Dunalino and his father is a Bay Dun. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/427472
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm