Community Forum

Minimal silver?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
PatternLover
Visit My Farm

Minimal silver?

Post by PatternLover »

Sahara Leopard

This boy got me extremely curious. He was born with very light greyish mane and tail. The tail has darkened although the mane doesn't seem to have chaged a lot (at 1.5yo). Bays usually get completely dark manes and tails before they turn 1yo, don't they? Well, not sure if the light mane is staying or if he'll grow out of that later.
Is he: just a variation of bay, keeping the foal color for a bit longer? a minimal silver (silver can be really sneaky in real life, but all horses in HWO seem to have completely silvery manes and tails)? a reverse gulastra plume (I don't think this gene is present on the game)? Something else?
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Re: Minimal silver?

Post by Tjigra »

If that's silver then it is incredibly sneaky through the pedigree as well, as he hasn't got a silver parent or grandparent, only a line of chestnut based ancestors who could have hidden it (I went 3 or 4 generations back and didn't find any possible silver source, but that doesn't mean there isn't, so the silver is possible, just improbable). I don't think it is silver, but I've no idea what it is. An odd expression of varnish maybe?
PatternLover
Visit My Farm

Post by PatternLover »

Varnish might be possible too as a lot of horses in his pedigree have the appaloosa gene. Although I always thought varnish only appears if the horse has a few snowflakes at least. I can't spot a single snowflake on him. Well I guess it all will become clear once he gets older, as varnish gets more and more intense with age.
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

PatternLover wrote:Varnish might be possible too as a lot of horses in his pedigree have the appaloosa gene. Although I always thought varnish only appears if the horse has a few snowflakes at least. I can't spot a single snowflake on him. Well I guess it all will become clear once he gets older, as varnish gets more and more intense with age.
hes beautiful!! hey u bought one of my arabs thanks and I was wondering if u wanted anymore?
From the pastures of the Amazing Arabs
Become a Patron!