The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Beautiful color, but whats the name?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
f-adolfsson
Visit My Farm

Beautiful color, but whats the name?

Post by f-adolfsson »

As Good As it Gets

What is her color? It hard to define since she isn't pink/light or have spots around the muzzle area. Plus those white spots on her butlock?
f-adolfsson
Visit My Farm

Re: Beautiful color, but whats the name?

Post by f-adolfsson »

Anyone?
MichelleRoddy3110
Visit My Farm

Post by MichelleRoddy3110 »

f-adolfsson wrote:Anyone?
the white spots that are on the butt are snowflakes and the coat would be like a mealy bay with varnish, love that her sire is one of my studs on my other account though
Devolare
Visit My Farm

Post by Devolare »

It's not a mealy bay. Mealy, in general, is not common on Arabians unless you breed it in (which in this case is possible, since the Deliboz do at some point go back into Mongolians, but I don't think so... and if it were going to be mealy it'd be a mealy brown). That being said, it looks more like a Smoky brown with snowflakes to me, and he's varnishing as was previously said. The fact that he was so light as a baby already points to him having a cream gene. Plus, if you go down the sire's side you'll find cream in the lines.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

f-adolfsson wrote:As Good As it Gets

What is her color? It hard to define since she isn't pink/light or have spots around the muzzle area. Plus those white spots on her butlock?
She's a smoky brown snowflake. (You don't have to call her varnish since any spotted colouration is impossible to see without the Lp (varnish roan) gene.)
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Smoky *buckskin* snowflake
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:14 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:14 am