The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Grey-blue streak

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Grey-blue streak

Post by Malakai10 »

Why does her mane has that grey-blue streak in it? Does she carry the sooty gene?

On that matter, why does this mare's mane have blue in it?

orangecacti
Visit My Farm

Re: Grey-blue streak

Post by orangecacti »

that's strange, i really don't know sorry Malakai :?
Devolare
Visit My Farm

Post by Devolare »

So I have a couple of theories to this. I think the easier one to explain would be the mare with the "blue streak" in her mane. I would chalk that up to just having the leopard going over that portion. In some cases the "regular" mane tends to be a darker-grey color and when you add the white it'll stand out.

For example, here are two palomino horses one with the white and one without:

My guess for that one is that there is just a streak of white running through the mane. As for the other one, I think one of two things could be happening. The base color is poking through and, as you said, it might either be turning sooty or it could be varnishing.

Sooty on Palomino

vs.
Varnish on Palomino

Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Devolare wrote:So I have a couple of theories to this. I think the easier one to explain would be the mare with the "blue streak" in her mane. I would chalk that up to just having the leopard going over that portion. In some cases the "regular" mane tends to be a darker-grey color and when you add the white it'll stand out.

For example, here are two palomino horses one with the white and one without:

My guess for that one is that there is just a streak of white running through the mane. As for the other one, I think one of two things could be happening. The base color is poking through and, as you said, it might either be turning sooty or it could be varnishing.

Sooty on Palomino

vs.
Varnish on Palomino

Okay, thanks!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 am