The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What Color Is This Arabian Filly?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Horses_4_Life
Visit My Farm

What Color Is This Arabian Filly?

Post by Horses_4_Life »

So I recently got a new filly. Both her parents are bays that come from a long line of bays, so I have no clue how she came out.. chestnut? Help!

Katstica
Visit My Farm

Re: What Color Is This Arabian Filly?

Post by Katstica »

Flaxen chestnut with tigereye.
The grandmother on the dam's side was chestnut and so was the great great grandmother on her sire's side. That means that both of her parents have only one copy of the extension gene. Ee x Ee. It was a 25% chance of her being chestnut. She got both the recessive genes (ee).
cutout © bundy-stock@da, background © selvastock@da
Horses_4_Life
Visit My Farm

Post by Horses_4_Life »

Katstica wrote:Flaxen chestnut with tigereye.
The grandmother on the dam's side was chestnut and so was the great great grandmother on her sire's side. That means that both of her parents have only one copy of the extension gene. Ee x Ee. It was a 25% chance of her being chestnut. She got both the recessive genes (ee).
Thank you so much!
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

Horses_4_Life wrote:So I recently got a new filly. Both her parents are bays that come from a long line of bays, so I have no clue how she came out.. chestnut? Help!

hey can u ask grass to get on chat?
From the pastures of the Amazing Arabs
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 am