The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Anyone know what color this stallion is?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
mamanova
Visit My Farm

Anyone know what color this stallion is?

Post by mamanova »

Regal Beginning

This is the guy! I just bought him and I'm wondering what color he is. I know he has a chestnut base but I'm wondering if he has some gray in him? There's a bunch of pictures the previous owner took of him as a colt ❤
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Anyone know what color this stallion is?

Post by Raikit »

mamanova wrote:Regal Beginning

This is the guy! I just bought him and I'm wondering what color he is. I know he has a chestnut base but I'm wondering if he has some gray in him? There's a bunch of pictures the previous owner took of him as a colt ❤
He is actually not a chestnut but an amber champagne (bay + champagne) with heavy varnishing from his appaloosa spots. Looking back at his foal pictures you can tell he is not a chestnut base by the color of his mane and tail - they are too dark. As he gets older he also develops the dark stockings of a bay base coat. You can tell he has champagne because of the freckling on his muzzle. We also know that his lightness is due to varnish rather than grey because of the light color of his legs when he was born. It he was grey he would have been born with dark stockings.
mamanova
Visit My Farm

Re: Anyone know what color this stallion is?

Post by mamanova »

Raikit wrote:
mamanova wrote:Regal Beginning

He is actually not a chestnut but an amber champagne (bay + champagne) with heavy varnishing from his appaloosa spots. Looking back at his foal pictures you can tell he is not a chestnut base by the color of his mane and tail - they are too dark. As he gets older he also develops the dark stockings of a bay base coat. You can tell he has champagne because of the freckling on his muzzle. We also know that his lightness is due to varnish rather than grey because of the light color of his legs when he was born. It he was grey he would have been born with dark stockings.
Thank you so much!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:11 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:11 am