The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What Colour Is This TB/Lipizzaner?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
ThorneWyvern
Visit My Farm

What Colour Is This TB/Lipizzaner?

Post by ThorneWyvern »

Child of the Desert

Buckskin Pearl Champagne? Almost looks like Gold Cream, but she has darker markings on her muzzle and cannons.
ThorneWyvern
Visit My Farm

Re: What Colour Is This TB/Lipizzaner?

Post by ThorneWyvern »

Oasis Guardian

She's also had this foal, my best guess is Amber Cream?
Malakai20
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai20 »

ThorneWyvern wrote:Child of the Desert

Buckskin Pearl Champagne? Almost looks like Gold Cream, but she has darker markings on her muzzle and cannons.
Silver amber cream, her foal is the same.
ThorneWyvern
Visit My Farm

Post by ThorneWyvern »

Malakai20 wrote:Silver amber cream, her foal is the same.
In Amber Cream wouldn't her legs have lighter markings? As far as I can tell she does not have Silver, Silver is a dominant gene, which means going through her pedigree at least one parent should have it, at least one of their parents should have it, etc. There are some that look like they could be Silver, but farther down their lines their parents don't appear to have Silver.

Her sire Tatooine looks like he might be Silver, and his dam Adi Gallia looks like she might be Silver. However, both of her parents don't appear to have Silver. Unless light colouration somehow effects the appearance of Silver, I don't think she has the Silver gene.

I would agree with Amber Cream on the foal, but still disagree with Silver for the reason stated above. I don't mean to come across as rude, if I do, I greatly appreciate the help. I just want to be certain.
Katstica
Visit My Farm

Post by Katstica »

I'm pretty sure you had it right the first time, but I do think the mare has silver. Her granddam was homozygous for silver, meaning that her sire had one copy of the gene that he definitely passed down to her (her colt, Hidden Fountain, if proof of her carrying the silver gene) hard to tell if the filly carries it but I am leaning towards no. So.. Silver Buckskin Pearl Champagne for the mare, Amber Cream for the filly?

Pearl/cream combinations can get tricky, makes it even trickier with champagne and silver thrown in.
cutout © bundy-stock@da, background © selvastock@da
Malakai20
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai20 »

ThorneWyvern wrote:
Malakai20 wrote:Silver amber cream, her foal is the same.
In Amber Cream wouldn't her legs have lighter markings? As far as I can tell she does not have Silver, Silver is a dominant gene, which means going through her pedigree at least one parent should have it, at least one of their parents should have it, etc. There are some that look like they could be Silver, but farther down their lines their parents don't appear to have Silver.

Her sire Tatooine looks like he might be Silver, and his dam Adi Gallia looks like she might be Silver. However, both of her parents don't appear to have Silver. Unless light colouration somehow effects the appearance of Silver, I don't think she has the Silver gene.

I would agree with Amber Cream on the foal, but still disagree with Silver for the reason stated above. I don't mean to come across as rude, if I do, I greatly appreciate the help. I just want to be certain.
They do have silver and are both amber cream. You can see the original colour of the tail 'bleeding through' at its base. Also, amber cream would not have lighter legs as they are bay with cream and champagne genes.
ThorneWyvern
Visit My Farm

Post by ThorneWyvern »

Malakai20 wrote: They do have silver and are both amber cream. You can see the original colour of the tail 'bleeding through' at its base. Also, amber cream would not have lighter legs as they are bay with cream and champagne genes.
Yeah, after she dropped a darker foal from a stud that definitely doesn't have Silver, I see she has it. I was having trouble seeing in it in her bloodline because there were a lot of lightly coloured horses and I'm not good at spotting it apparently.

I've been using that same guide you posted and both of their examples for Amber Cream have lighter legs, which is why I was confused. Both examples have a dirty white-ish colour on their legs, which she hasn't had at any age. Her muzzle is also darker than both.
ImageImage

And her currently for direct comparison

Obviously the coats' exact colouration varies in this game, I'm just trying to learn to what extent. That's really the only reason why I'm fussing over it. Is that perhaps a different gene affecting the legs and muzzle that both examples happen to have?
Malakai20
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai20 »

ThorneWyvern wrote:
Malakai20 wrote: They do have silver and are both amber cream. You can see the original colour of the tail 'bleeding through' at its base. Also, amber cream would not have lighter legs as they are bay with cream and champagne genes.
Yeah, after she dropped a darker foal from a stud that definitely doesn't have Silver, I see she has it. I was having trouble seeing in it in her bloodline because there were a lot of lightly coloured horses and I'm not good at spotting it apparently.

I've been using that same guide you posted and both of their examples for Amber Cream have lighter legs, which is why I was confused. Both examples have a dirty white-ish colour on their legs, which she hasn't had at any age. Her muzzle is also darker than both.
ImageImage

And her currently for direct comparison

Obviously the coats' exact colouration varies in this game, I'm just trying to learn to what extent. That's really the only reason why I'm fussing over it. Is that perhaps a different gene affecting the legs and muzzle that both examples happen to have?
I'm not sure if there's another gene affecting it. It's been awhile since I've had champagne horses, too.
Devolare
Visit My Farm

Post by Devolare »

Okay, so I don't think it's amber cream at all. I don't think she even has the cream gene. Her foal that's in question has it's cream gene due to the father, not her.

Now based on my experience, champagne is kind of funny, especially with other modifiers. From what I can see, you've got metallic (from training) and dun (from her mother at least because it's the easiest to spot). Dun tends to make horses with champagne a lot lighter. Nyraeia had to explain this to me a while back.

This boy here is a regular Silver Amber Champagne.

This boy was a Silver Amber Champagne with dun.

But dun also varies, especially with how much it looks like a dun... See the horses below.

This girl is a Silver Amber Champagne dun.

Even tho she's got some sooty going down, that can be seen most predominantly on her butt, the two horse's 0.54 year old gallery pictures almost match. She might be a shade or two darker, but that can be contributed to her sooty and the fact that duns can vary in general based on how easily they can be seen. If you look at the cream baby's pictures (that was previously mentioned) at that age, the baby was a lot lighter.
And she most certainly has the Silver gene. Her father had it, you can see it in his baby pictures. He just had a sooty thing going on.
ThorneWyvern
Visit My Farm

Post by ThorneWyvern »

Devolare wrote:Okay, so I don't think it's amber cream at all. I don't think she even has the cream gene. Her foal that's in question has it's cream gene due to the father, not her.

Now based on my experience, champagne is kind of funny, especially with other modifiers. From what I can see, you've got metallic (from training) and dun (from her mother at least because it's the easiest to spot). Dun tends to make horses with champagne a lot lighter. Nyraeia had to explain this to me a while back.

Even tho she's got some sooty going down, that can be seen most predominantly on her butt, the two horse's 0.54 year old gallery pictures almost match. She might be a shade or two darker, but that can be contributed to her sooty and the fact that duns can vary in general based on how easily they can be seen. If you look at the cream baby's pictures (that was previously mentioned) at that age, the baby was a lot lighter.

And she most certainly has the Silver gene. Her father had it, you can see it in his baby pictures. He just had a sooty thing going on.
Thank you very much for the help! Definitely going to have to work on recognizing a lot of colours, I'm used to other sites just telling you the colour. Trying to figure out the colour makes it more fun for me, as well as a little frustrating. XD

Looking at the studs baby pictures I can definitely see the Silver. However I'm still a little confused with how Silver interacts with lighter horses. It looks like Silver can range from grey to more of a white? Does the number of Silver genes effect this?

Looking at Child of the Desert's pedigree, her stud's dam is the only one that could have the Silver gene.
Adi Gallia

And I assume, even though I can't see it, her stud has it because his stud seems to have it.
Sea Salt

Sea Salt's stud.
Gold n' White
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:11 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:11 am