The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Help with this one

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Help with this one

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

My new favorite. Is he a Gold Champagne or something?
QHF Ice Citrine
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Help with this one

Post by Raikit »

He is silver smoky cream with tiger eye. Black base + 2x cream + silver + 2x tiger eye. His sire was champagne, but this boy did not inherit it (you can tell because he does not have freckles). Dapples, while possibly related to a horse going grey, are in this case caused by the silver dapple gene. And because he is not champagne but still shows tiger eye you know that he has two copies of the gene - so one from mom and one from dad.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Raikit wrote:He is silver smoky cream with tiger eye. Black base + 2x cream + silver + 2x tiger eye. His sire was champagne, but this boy did not inherit it (you can tell because he does not have freckles). Dapples, while possibly related to a horse going grey, are in this case caused by the silver dapple gene. And because he is not champagne but still shows tiger eye you know that he has two copies of the gene - so one from mom and one from dad.
Thank you so much!!!!
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by malishka33 »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:My new favorite. Is he a Gold Champagne or something?
QHF Ice Citrine
hi :P
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:40 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:40 am