The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What color is this filly?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
VulpesBetula
Visit My Farm

What color is this filly?

Post by VulpesBetula »

Hello I'm new to the game, I've managed to identify most of my horses but I'm not quite sure about this one.

This is her at 2 and a half years old
ImageImage

1 and a half years old

Newborn
Last edited by VulpesBetula on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
VeeVee
Visit My Farm

Re: What color is this filly?

Post by VeeVee »

I'm new too and not super good with colors, but I looked over the chart multiple times and even referred to a genetics calculator and I keep coming back to her being Bay Appaloosa. I may be inaccurate but that's what I came up with.
VulpesBetula
Visit My Farm

Post by VulpesBetula »

VeeVee wrote:I'm new too and not super good with colors, but I looked over the chart multiple times and even referred to a genetics calculator and I keep coming back to her being Bay Appaloosa. I may be inaccurate but that's what I came up with.
Thank you, that is what I was thinking but I wasn't completely sure. A blanket appaloosa with some birdcatcher spots/ticks. Now I just need to look up close to look for any hints of any other genes.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

VulpesBetula wrote:
VeeVee wrote:I'm new too and not super good with colors, but I looked over the chart multiple times and even referred to a genetics calculator and I keep coming back to her being Bay Appaloosa. I may be inaccurate but that's what I came up with.
Thank you, that is what I was thinking but I wasn't completely sure. A blanket appaloosa with some birdcatcher spots/ticks. Now I just need to look up close to look for any hints of any other genes.
An FYI... birdcatcher has not yet been implemented. The white spots/ticks that you see on this game are all related to snowflake appaloosa genes. (I do not know if or when birdcatcher may or will be implemented)
VulpesBetula
Visit My Farm

Post by VulpesBetula »

BlackOak2 wrote:
VulpesBetula wrote: Thank you, that is what I was thinking but I wasn't completely sure. A blanket appaloosa with some birdcatcher spots/ticks. Now I just need to look up close to look for any hints of any other genes.
An FYI... birdcatcher has not yet been implemented. The white spots/ticks that you see on this game are all related to snowflake appaloosa genes. (I do not know if or when birdcatcher may or will be implemented)
Oh, okay thank you for the correction! :)
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

VulpesBetula wrote:Hello I'm new to the game, I've managed to identify most of my horses but I'm not quite sure about this one.

This is her at 2 and a half years old
ImageImage

1 and a half years old

Newborn
Your horse is a bay dun (sometimes called zebra dun) with a blanket, snowflakes, and tiger eye.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 pm