The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What Color is this mix? - New Horses!

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Luce Nivea
Visit My Farm

What Color is this mix? - New Horses!

Post by Luce Nivea »

NEW: I have a few new horses that are extremely interesting to me, and I would like to find out what genes they carry to show it.
LIN Sea Shrike

and his mother
LIN Southern Dancer

LIN Swift by the Evening

It looks like silver dapple to me honestly but seeing as I am not a color expert, I would like to have another opinion.
Right now, I am trying to breed this gene into my herd, so I would also like to know what gene it is, and how it is passed. If you have any tips for me to breed this gene into my herd, let me know - it's gorgeous! (and plus if you also have any tips on breeding out white spots or anything of the sort, let me know)
Last edited by Luce Nivea on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Re: What Color is this mix?

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Luce Nivea wrote:Alright, so I checked the color guide and found a couple that looked sort of like him, but I am still not sure exactly what his color is. He looks sort of like some sort of light gold champagne, but with a silver dapple. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Deputy Comet
I am definitely and by no means an expert but I think he looks like a silver smokey cream going gray.
Luce Nivea
Visit My Farm

Re: What Color is this mix? - New Horses!

Post by Luce Nivea »

ping
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Re: What Color is this mix? - New Horses!

Post by Malakai10 »

Luce Nivea wrote:Ping.
LIN Sea Shrike

Silver smoky cream. Might be tiger eyed, just check if his eyes are blue, if they aren't, then he is tiger eyed.
LIN Southern Dancer

Tiger eyed silver grulla.
LIN Swift by the Evening

Tiger eyed silver dapple.
Deputy Comet

For this horse, if you kept the colour the same as what I had already written, then it is right.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm