The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Couple Foals

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
flrancho
Visit My Farm

Couple Foals

Post by flrancho »

I have an odd foal I'm trying to figure out the color on. I'm no good at colors and she has me a little stumped. I'm probably wrong, but I'm taking a guess at Silver Bay Roan?

Swann's Evermore

I'm even worse at the cream colors, but I know this is some sort of cream variant - champagne, pearl, cream; what is it?

Starlit Illusion
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Couple Foals

Post by Raikit »

flrancho wrote:I have an odd foal I'm trying to figure out the color on. I'm no good at colors and she has me a little stumped. I'm probably wrong, but I'm taking a guess at Silver Bay Roan?

Swann's Evermore

I'm even worse at the cream colors, but I know this is some sort of cream variant - champagne, pearl, cream; what is it?

Starlit Illusion
Swann's Evermore is actually brown-based rather than bay. If you look at her face you can see a slightly more reddish area around her muzzle that also shows up in her 'armpits' and flank area. The silver and roan are correct, so she is a brown silver roan. :)

Starlit Illusion I'm less sure on (I don't have too much experience with champagne combos) but she looks to me to be an amber cream - bay + cream + champagne. Dad was smoky cream champagne under his grey so baby has to have one cream (since mom had none), and baby definitely has champagne. I don't see where any other dilutions would have come in, so amber cream is what I would go with.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 am