Community Forum

Couple Foals

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
flrancho
Visit My Farm

Couple Foals

Post by flrancho »

I have an odd foal I'm trying to figure out the color on. I'm no good at colors and she has me a little stumped. I'm probably wrong, but I'm taking a guess at Silver Bay Roan?

Swann's Evermore

I'm even worse at the cream colors, but I know this is some sort of cream variant - champagne, pearl, cream; what is it?

Starlit Illusion
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Couple Foals

Post by Raikit »

flrancho wrote:I have an odd foal I'm trying to figure out the color on. I'm no good at colors and she has me a little stumped. I'm probably wrong, but I'm taking a guess at Silver Bay Roan?

Swann's Evermore

I'm even worse at the cream colors, but I know this is some sort of cream variant - champagne, pearl, cream; what is it?

Starlit Illusion
Swann's Evermore is actually brown-based rather than bay. If you look at her face you can see a slightly more reddish area around her muzzle that also shows up in her 'armpits' and flank area. The silver and roan are correct, so she is a brown silver roan. :)

Starlit Illusion I'm less sure on (I don't have too much experience with champagne combos) but she looks to me to be an amber cream - bay + cream + champagne. Dad was smoky cream champagne under his grey so baby has to have one cream (since mom had none), and baby definitely has champagne. I don't see where any other dilutions would have come in, so amber cream is what I would go with.
Become a Patron!