The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Wow!

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Wow!

Post by Raikit »

So I haven't quite figured out what color this colt is yet, but he is so gorgeous that I just had to share!

Figured it out - he's a sable cream pearl!

⇒ɱρξ⇐ Breath-taking

Here's what I do know: he's a pearl + cream dilute. He's either brown or black based. He has champagne. He does not have silver. He may have roan but his foal colt is too light for me to tell right now. His sire is a sable cream roan and his mother is a black pearl. I'm guessing that's he's a sable cream pearl champagne. But I'll be keeping an eye on him as he grows to get a better idea.
BlackOak2 wrote:Ping
Totina wrote:Ping
Thought you guys might like a ping on this one. :)
Last edited by Raikit on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Re: Wow!

Post by Totina »

Raikit wrote:So I haven't quite figured out what color this colt is yet, but he is so gorgeous that I just had to share!

⇒ɱρξ⇐ Breath-taking

Here's what I do know: he's a pearl + cream dilute. He's either brown or black based. He has champagne. He does not have silver. He may have roan but his foal colt is too light for me to tell right now. His sire is a sable cream roan and his mother is a black pearl. I'm guessing that's he's a sable cream pearl champagne. But I'll be keeping an eye on him as he grows to get a better idea.

It certainly looks like you got the genes right on this one. When he turns 1 year old he will probably look something similar to the picture I have of a Smoky Brown Pearl Champagne in my colour guide:

When zooming in on the coat (especially on the thigh) you can usually see the roan pattern even on foals and very light coloured horses but I could not see any of that on this colt so he is probably not roan.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:So I haven't quite figured out what color this colt is yet, but he is so gorgeous that I just had to share!

That colt is just as nicely colored as that other foal a little while ago with the snowcap on its butt that was actually darker than its coat.

I know I'm seeing things... but I swear I see the barest hint of dapples. :? I have been looking at too many dapples these past couple days...
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote:That colt is just as nicely colored as that other foal a little while ago with the snowcap on its butt that was actually darker than its coat.

I know I'm seeing things... but I swear I see the barest hint of dapples. :? I have been looking at too many dapples these past couple days...
Thanks! He's definitely one of my favorites. I'd love to see that other colt! I had one or two cremellos with areas where the spots were darker than their body but that snowcap sounds really pretty!

And I hope he doesn't have dapples! Neither parent had them and they wouldn't be hiding them so I have no idea where they'd come from if he did. o_o
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
Thanks! He's definitely one of my favorites. I'd love to see that other colt! I had one or two cremellos with areas where the spots were darker than their body but that snowcap sounds really pretty!

And I hope he doesn't have dapples! Neither parent had them and they wouldn't be hiding them so I have no idea where they'd come from if he did. o_o
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/760397

That's the link to the horse with the white coat. I suppose he was more of a blanket than a snowcap (I call snowcap just over the hip area and not along the length of the back), but he was born with a very unique coat.

Of course he doesn't have dapples. Like I said, I've been seeing dapples... everywhere. Especially after just finishing up and polishing the silver study I did yesterday.

That touch of yellow (brown) shading coming through on his stomach and on his muzzle almost makes him have a 'bleached by the sun' look.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/760397

That's the link to the horse with the white coat. I suppose he was more of a blanket than a snowcap (I call snowcap just over the hip area and not along the length of the back), but he was born with a very unique coat.

Of course he doesn't have dapples. Like I said, I've been seeing dapples... everywhere. Especially after just finishing up and polishing the silver study I did yesterday.

That touch of yellow (brown) shading coming through on his stomach and on his muzzle almost makes him have a 'bleached by the sun' look.
That baby picture looks ridiculously awesome. It's too bad he didn't stay that way. :lol:

And that's okay, I've been seeing pearl everywhere. XD

It does, or like he's been baked a little on the bottom. I can't wait until his mane and tail grow in to see what those look like.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 am