The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Newbie needs help

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Avalion
Visit My Farm

Newbie needs help

Post by Avalion »

I'm new and am trying to figure out the colors of my horses. I'm going to post my guesses, but I have no idea how accurate they are. So if you could help me, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Cardinal Song
Grey on chestnut?
Robot Ghost Story
Mealy Black?
Body Electric
Some type of bay
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: Newbie needs help

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Avalion wrote:I'm new and am trying to figure out the colors of my horses. I'm going to post my guesses, but I have no idea how accurate they are. So if you could help me, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Cardinal Song
Grey on chestnut?
Robot Ghost Story
Mealy Black?
Body Electric
Some type of bay
Hi :)

I agree with your analysis on Cardinal Song; she is also dappled, so I would add that in.

Robot Ghost Story is just black, mealy isn't visible on black horses.

Body Electric is a Bay Dun.

Hope I helped :) . Here's a color guide that you might find useful: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =13&t=2158
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

I disagree with Robot Ghost Story being black, as he is lighter around the muzzle and flanks (that is what makes you think mealy, which isn't visible on black horses).
He is very sooty, and beneath he is probably brown (also called seal brown), and mealy.
Avalion
Visit My Farm

Post by Avalion »

Thank you :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 pm