The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Color checks?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Kismet
Visit My Farm

Color checks?

Post by Kismet »

Hi all

Looking for some second opinions/confirmations on a couple of my horse colors. I think I have them right but I find these things pretty easy to mess up.

Radiance

I have her down as a silver sable cream snowflake - the silver and snowflake are pretty straight forward but I keep going back and looking at the sable cream. She has the real faint nose/eye speckles which to me mean she has the cream/champagne combo. Pretty sure she's not bay - no color difference on the lower legs, that I can see, and she seems too dark to be chestnut or black based.

Glitz

I have Glitz down as a flaxen gold champagne, the part I'm uneasy about is the flaxen. I actually originally had her as a silver amber champagne when she was first born - I just assumed from the really light mane and tail with the darker body she inherited her mother's silver and bay. Then show me surprised when I go back to look at her after a year and she is very clearly (at least I think so) chestnut based. But her mane and tail are super light so I'm kind of assuming that both mom and dad have some hidden flaxen and I just got lucky. :D

Thanks for the help!
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Color checks?

Post by Raikit »

Those both look right to me. The sable is harder to tell, but if you look closely you can see some more yellow-ish areas by her nose, flank, and girth area that tell you she is brown-based.
Kismet
Visit My Farm

Re: Color checks?

Post by Kismet »

Thanks for the confirmation Raikit, I really appreciate it!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:45 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:45 am