The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Help With Color of Colt?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
RaptorSquad8
Visit My Farm

Help With Color of Colt?

Post by RaptorSquad8 »

Can anyone help me figure out the exact color of my colt? He's not quite the same color as my buckskin, but he's not exactly bay either. I'm kind of lost as to what to label him.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/921250

I'll provide some other pics from his gallery if they'll help:

Kismet
Visit My Farm

Re: Help With Color of Colt?

Post by Kismet »

I would agree he's not a buckskin - buckskins have that yellow color that he is missing. If you zoom in real close you can see a bit of a dorsal stripe so I would say he inherited dun from his dam. The dun would explain the faded bay look that he's sporting as well. Plus he's got the spotted blanket and snowflake thing going so I think you'd label him as Bay Dun Appaloosa - although I'm not 100% sure about the appaloosa thing since I don't quite understand how pattern names work. Hopefully I helped a bit!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

RaptorSquad8 wrote:Can anyone help me figure out the exact color of my colt? He's not quite the same color as my buckskin, but he's not exactly bay either. I'm kind of lost as to what to label him.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/921250

I'll provide some other pics from his gallery if they'll help:

Bay Dun Blanket (in this case, a small/hip/semi-blanket, w/e you want to call it) with appaloosa spotting and snowflakes (varnish).
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
RaptorSquad8
Visit My Farm

Post by RaptorSquad8 »

Cool, thanks!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am