The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Is this filly perlino?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Is this filly perlino?

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Both mom and dad are buckskin which means they have cream, I think their filly has two copies of it due to the pink skin and blue eyes. I googled perlino horses and her coat looks exactly like the pictures. So I think I'm spot on. But again, we all know I'm no color expert and consistently get colors wrong :lol:
FoxTrotStables
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this filly perlino?

Post by FoxTrotStables »

She might be smokey perlino?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this filly perlino?

Post by BlackOak2 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Both mom and dad are buckskin which means they have cream, I think their filly has two copies of it due to the pink skin and blue eyes. I googled perlino horses and her coat looks exactly like the pictures. So I think I'm spot on. But again, we all know I'm no color expert and consistently get colors wrong :lol:
It looks like you are correct.
FoxTrotStables wrote:...
I don't believe she is smokey cream, she is simply not dark enough. Or if you mean sooty... I don't really see that either.

But dilutes still get me sometimes.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 am