The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Morgans...

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
aschaab
Visit My Farm

Morgans...

Post by aschaab »

Does anyone have any Morgans they'd like to sell? I'm trying to get my Morgan program back and up... and I'd love to get a line of mine back up as well. Possibly a few lines. How do you search horses for like blood lines and such? Is there a way, yet? Also, I'm looking for Morgan stallions to breed my young mare to.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Re: Morgans...

Post by Scythian »

Just had a quick look at Market for Sale: not very encouraging, no pure Morgans, just two "Half Morgan" mares and 6 crossbreds. There are a few pure Morgans for stud, including [AKG] New York Style.

Aside from the simple "Breed" search, there seems to be no shortcut (i.e. search by owner / breeder). There are some AKGs in both sales and studs, along with some other familiar designates. The pedigrees of your own horses, along with any "Progeny", may give you some suggestions -- surprising how many "older" horses are still out there.

Good luck with the search.
aschaab
Visit My Farm

Post by aschaab »

Scythian wrote:Just had a quick look at Market for Sale: not very encouraging, no pure Morgans, just two "Half Morgan" mares and 6 crossbreds. There are a few pure Morgans for stud, including [AKG] New York Style.

Aside from the simple "Breed" search, there seems to be no shortcut (i.e. search by owner / breeder). There are some AKGs in both sales and studs, along with some other familiar designates. The pedigrees of your own horses, along with any "Progeny", may give you some suggestions -- surprising how many "older" horses are still out there.

Good luck with the search.

I'm still trying to get my hands on "AOF Razor's Edge", but I'm not sure how to ping someone... and I'm not sure if they're even an active player. Is there a way to get a horse back you used to own/breed when someone's account isn't active for so long...?
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

You just "pinged" me by quoting my earlier post! However, if a person has not posted and does not have a Premium account (2 Premiums can do Private Messaging), they can be very hard to impossible to contact. Anyone can visit the "Chat Room" but if they don't know that someone's trying to contact them ...

As for inactive accounts, the game policy at the moment seems to be that accounts are never closed. You could contact Admin (I suggest using "Contact Us" as that's more direct than posting) and appeal to them to reach out to the player. That may not work either; some people abandon the e-mail accounts they used to sign up with. There are those who have only played once ... and then put up their AC, untrained, uncompeted horses for absurd prices. Look at the back pages of "Horses for Sale" if you want a snarky laugh someday.

Today's Morgan Stallions at stud include AKG New York Style and a few others bred by Alice Keegan; 14 including crossbreds. Pure Morgans, OTOH, number only 5. Sale pages: 3 part-Morgan crossbreds.

Best wishes. I'm glad All Heart gave you a couple of good foals. ;)
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

aschaab wrote:Does anyone have any Morgans they'd like to sell? I'm trying to get my Morgan program back and up... and I'd love to get a line of mine back up as well. Possibly a few lines. How do you search horses for like blood lines and such? Is there a way, yet? Also, I'm looking for Morgan stallions to breed my young mare to.
Would you like to have "Gray Surprise" back? If so, I will post her for you. She is 8 y 11.6 mos old, and open (not pregnant). I can only stay online for about 10 more minutes, so please contact me quickly -- or it can wait until tomorrow from my POV.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:54 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:54 pm