The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

In Search of Black Mares

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
Weaving
Visit My Farm

In Search of Black Mares

Post by Weaving »

Hiya! I'm making my way through a breeding project and its come to the stage where I need to start introducing the colour black to my herd. This is the bit where you step in :) below is a spec list that I would like mares to meet, absolute requirements are in bold, preferences that I may be prepared to wiggle on aren't.

Suitable mare should:

be black (preferably both parents, but for mares with exceptional HGP I will accept one black parent)
be between 10hh and 15.2hh
be a grade horse OR Breed A x Breed B (for example arabian x belgian 50% each, mixed arabian x beglian is NOT ok, neither is part arabian x belgian.)
have an HGP over 40k
have an HGP over 50k (will pay significantly more)
have a long mane and tail
not have a short spikey mane or big fluffy one
have a concave head
be at least 3 years old

That's the list, remember the items not in bold I am willing to wiggle on. I am happy to either buy and breed from the horse and return it to you or straight out buy. For mares that meet the absolute minimum requirements I will pay £4000, for mares that meet (or exceed) all requirements I will pay up to £10000. If you think you have something that might fit but aren't sure then please just comment with a link to the mare!
Velvetpie16
Visit My Farm

Re: In Search of Black Mares

Post by Velvetpie16 »

Weaving wrote:Hiya! I'm making my way through a breeding project and its come to the stage where I need to start introducing the colour black to my herd. This is the bit where you step in :) below is a spec list that I would like mares to meet, absolute requirements are in bold, preferences that I may be prepared to wiggle on aren't.

Suitable mare should:

be black (preferably both parents, but for mares with exceptional HGP I will accept one black parent)
be between 10hh and 15.2hh
be a grade horse OR Breed A x Breed B (for example arabian x belgian 50% each, mixed arabian x beglian is NOT ok, neither is part arabian x belgian.)
have an HGP over 40k
have an HGP over 50k (will pay significantly more)
have a long mane and tail
not have a short spikey mane or big fluffy one
have a concave head
be at least 3 years old

That's the list, remember the items not in bold I am willing to wiggle on. I am happy to either buy and breed from the horse and return it to you or straight out buy. For mares that meet the absolute minimum requirements I will pay £4000, for mares that meet (or exceed) all requirements I will pay up to £10000. If you think you have something that might fit but aren't sure then please just comment with a link to the mare!

I have a couple black arabian mares
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

I have several black mares feel free to look through them and let me know if you like any of them.
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Thank you both, but I cant find any mares in your farms that fit the breed requirements in bold, sorry!
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Are you still looking for black mares? I am about to change up my breeding is why I ask.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:41 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:41 pm