The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Santolina Acres & Prometheus Stables: Xilingol breed creation

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Santolina Acres
Visit My Farm

Santolina Acres & Prometheus Stables: Xilingol breed creation

Post by Santolina Acres »

Hi I'm fairly new to the game. I've decided to try to create the Xilingol breed ([Kabarda/Russian Don] x [Akhal-Teke/Sanhe]), which as far as I know has not been created yet. I'll mostly just use this page to post my progress, though if anyone wants to help, what's giving me the most trouble right now is the Sanhe ([Akhal-Teke/Tiger Horse] x Andalusian). There are only 3 active Sanhe in the game according to the Breeds wiki, and I've never seen any available for sale or breeding. So, barring that, I'm attempting to breed one myself.

I have an A-T/Tiger stallion rated 4/5 as a Sanhe, but so far all of the breedings so far have resulted in Part Andalusians. I'm currently attempting to breed him to his own Part Andalusian *4 Sanhe daughters, which is definitely not my first choice, but hey.

But if anyone out there owns one of the 3 active Sanhe in the game, or can breed one, and is willing to put one up for sale or stud, I would pay good money for it. My partner over at Prometheus Stables already has the Akhal-Tekes and Kabarda/Dons ready to go.

If I do end up breeding my own Sanhe, I'll definitely put it up for stud if it's a colt, and if it's a mare I'll consider selling her if/when I no longer need her for the breeding program. (I might honestly just keep breeding them... they're nearly as nonexistent as Xilingols.)

So yeah, that's where I'm at atm. I'll post updates with any progress. I do plan on selling/stud-ing my resulting Xilingols; I don't want to just keep them all for myself. :D
Blostma
Visit My Farm

Re: Santolina Acres & Prometheus Stables: Xilingol breed creation

Post by Blostma »

I don't own any of the Sanhe but I do have a herd of Tiger Horses. I can put some stallions up for stud to help with the creation of the breed if you'd like. I currently have a stallion with a 4 rating and a colt with a 5 rating for Sanhe.
Santolina Acres
Visit My Farm

Blostma wrote:I don't own any of the Sanhe but I do have a herd of Tiger Horses. I can put some stallions up for stud to help with the creation of the breed if you'd like. I currently have a stallion with a 4 rating and a colt with a 5 rating for Sanhe.
Ooh, I'd be interested in breeding to your colt once he ages up!
LilyTromp
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by LilyTromp »

I like a project like this. I'll try to assist you. I have some andalusians that score nearly 4, nearly 5, so I'll try to make you a Sanhe.I can also get my hand on Kabarda&Don mixes if you need new blood.
Santolina Acres
Visit My Farm

LilyTromp wrote:I like a project like this. I'll try to assist you. I have some andalusians that score nearly 4, nearly 5, so I'll try to make you a Sanhe.I can also get my hand on Kabarda&Don mixes if you need new blood.
Wow, thanks so much! Hopefully you'll have better luck with the Sanhe breeding than I have. Seems like it's not an easy one to get!
Santolina Acres
Visit My Farm

Ok, I've got a Sanhe now

Finally got a Sanhe filly this morning! COI's not amazing, but she's better than nothing.

@LilyTromp if you are still trying to breed a Sanhe / still want to, I'll still buy it from you (or breed mares to it if you put it up for stud.) The more Sanhes, the better chances of getting the best Xilingol parent. ^^

edit: forgot I wanted to add her picture!

Huang He
LilyTromp
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Ok, I've got a Sanhe now

Post by LilyTromp »

Santolina Acres wrote:Finally got a Sanhe filly this morning! COI's not amazing, but she's better than nothing.

@LilyTromp if you are still trying to breed a Sanhe / still want to, I'll still buy it from you (or breed mares to it if you put it up for stud.) The more Sanhes, the better chances of getting the best Xilingol parent. ^^
Wow, well done! I've got four grades so far (one was a 4*, just a bit to tall). But I want give up that easily ;)
How does she score for Xilingol?
Santolina Acres
Visit My Farm

Re: Ok, I've got a Sanhe now

LilyTromp wrote:
Santolina Acres wrote:Finally got a Sanhe filly this morning! COI's not amazing, but she's better than nothing.

Wow, well done! I've got four grades so far (one was a 4*, just a bit to tall). But I want give up that easily ;)
How does she score for Xilingol?
Lol she's an N/A for Xilingol, but luckily there's still one more generation to go. Ideally the cross with an Akhal-Teke should swing her offspring's stats more within range.
Blostma
Visit My Farm

Post by Blostma »

LilyTromp wrote:ping
Santolina Acres wrote:ping
My Tiger Horse colt is now available for stud.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1080351

I also have another colt with a 5* Sanhe eval. I don't need him. Would either of you be interested?
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1112727
LilyTromp
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by LilyTromp »

Blostma wrote: I also have another colt with a 5* Sanhe eval. I don't need him. Would either of you be interested?
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1112727
I would be interested in the colt (I am not really into spots and blankets), but don't feel like I have the first choice...
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 am