The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Gypsy Vanner Haven- Home of the first Cremello-Pseudo White GV?!

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
GypsyHorse
Visit My Farm

Gypsy Vanner Haven- Home of the first Cremello-Pseudo White GV?!

Post by GypsyHorse »

I don't know if this has been done before but a week ago my mare dropped a foal, a stunning filly.
At the time, *GVC* Easy Lady (the filly/foal) was completely "white".
She did start to darken into a cream-cremello color but I'm wondering how this happened since both parents are relatively dark compared to her ( dam is a dark buckskin, sire is graying/varnish on a buckskin base )
I checked her ancestry.
The closest to her color is her great-great-grandsire ( or something like that ), a Gypsy Vanner stallion by the name of <<MFI>> Duke. It could also come from her great-great-great-great-great-great-grandsire, a Friesian stallion, ⚜AR Spiritus.
But I doubt that since it goes WAAAAY back.
Here she is, my gorgeous filly:
*GVC* Easy Lady

Anyway, this is a farm log, not a "What Color Is My Horse?" topic.

I am pretty new, I guess, and took an interest in a pair of Gypsy Vanners I found in the market. they were the foundation couple for my Gypsy Vanner project! They are both still alive, although I think Coral Lady is going to pass soon. Easy Lady would be her last foal.
So anyway, with the help of: BlackOak2, sandyleigh79 and Claire, I really got into this project.
I'd like to thank the players ( above ) for their help.
BlackOak2, thank you for helping out when I was stuck and had some questions about the game.
Sandyleigh79, thank you for letting me use your stud, Easy Boss, for so cheap! He gave me Easy Lady, my favorite horse!
Claire, thank you for Translucent Oblivion, as I entered him in Local Shows and competitions, which really helped me when I was broke- I went from 1k to 30k in a matter of days!
Psycho0912
Visit My Farm

Re: Gypsy Vanner Haven- Home of the first Cremello-Pseudo White GV?!

Post by Psycho0912 »

She's so pretty :lol:
I wanted to breed Gypsy Vanners either, but found interest in breeding the Altai, because they aren't with many at the time.
I think when I'm bored with the breeds I'm busy with now Gypsy Vanner would be my new choice. I just love their looks with (some of them) really short manes and long tails and socks. They just look very sturdy :D

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this topic ;)
GypsyHorse
Visit My Farm

Post by GypsyHorse »

Psycho0912 wrote:She's so pretty :lol:
I wanted to breed Gypsy Vanners either, but found interest in breeding the Altai, because they aren't with many at the time.
I think when I'm bored with the breeds I'm busy with now Gypsy Vanner would be my new choice. I just love their looks with (some of them) really short manes and long tails and socks. They just look very sturdy :D

Thank you! If you want, if you start breeding Vanners, i can start you off with a pair. Mind you I'm not that rich ( I have 5k- yaaay :roll: :| :cry: ) so I don't have enough to start another course, which means I don't have many horses.
I'm so happy someone's interested in my vanners!
I hope everything goes well with your other project, maybe when you end that one we could partner up and work on the Vanner together? Just asking.
Psycho0912
Visit My Farm

Post by Psycho0912 »

GVanner Champ wrote:

Thank you! If you want, if you start breeding Vanners, i can start you off with a pair. Mind you I'm not that rich ( I have 5k- yaaay :roll: :| :cry: ) so I don't have enough to start another course, which means I don't have many horses.
I hope everything goes well with your other project, maybe when you end that one we could partner up and work on the Vanner together? Just asking.
That's definitely something to think about :lol:
when I've got a little start with my Altais, maybe I'll sell all my arrapaloosa horses and Belgians (since I'm quite a bit bored with them :? ) and start breeding together with you? But I don't know how long that'll take, because lately fillies are rare at my stables :P
aschaab
Visit My Farm

Post by aschaab »

GVanner Champ wrote:

Hey, I used to breed Vanners. I would be interested in joining back in once I sell my Morgans and other horses, I have. Not sure if you were here a year ago or so when I bred a mare to Ch. Dust Play, I got a nice stallion who was a champion in Obstacle Driving. I would loooove to get the Vanners up into rankings again. ;)
GypsyHorse
Visit My Farm

Post by GypsyHorse »

aschaab wrote:
GVanner Champ wrote: Thank you! If you want, if you start breeding Vanners, i can start you off with a pair. Mind you I'm not that rich ( I have 5k- yaaay :roll: :| :cry: ) so I don't have enough to start another course, which means I don't have many horses.
Hey, I used to breed Vanners. I would be interested in joining back in once I sell my Morgans and other horses, I have. Not sure if you were here a year ago or so when I bred a mare to Ch. Dust Play, I got a nice stallion who was a champion in Obstacle Driving. I would loooove to get the Vanners up into rankings again. ;)
Hey there! No, I wasn't there in '16 but I bet the stallion was great. It would be awesome to have other players help each other out with Vanners!
Meyersdale
Visit My Farm

Post by Meyersdale »

Hi i am may have some Vanners you can buy off of me
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 pm