Community Forum

Cloud Nine Acres (CLOSED)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

First update on race horse project :]

Post by JillJessie1997 »

I've been meaning to write an update regarding my race horse project for a while but have not been able due to real life shtick. Today I have found the time to post about the progress coming along so far with the program.

The program began when I was browsing the market for race horse-ish breeds to buy. I found this Thoroughbred mare:

Zella Day

I liked her....fairly well bred, decent stats, nice buckskin color - and best of all, blue tiger eye! So I bought her for a couple grand and put her back in to training while I searched for stallions to enter in to the program. I found claire_2's sales advertisement a couple weeks back and bought three awesomely bred race horse studs from her. These are the boys:

Category 5

Metallica

Silver Honeydew

Zella Day was bred once to each stallion and dropped some decent foals:

Junior 5 - sired by Category 5

First Class - sired by Metallica

Romance City - sired by Silver Honeydew

After Romance City I retired Zella to the aging out pasture to live out her last days (I never finished her training either, nor do I plan on it). The foals she birthed for me during her time in the project will be extremely useful later on. Junior 5 is my favorite though, he resembles his daddy remarkably and is currently in training.

His daddy is my favorite of the main race horses I bought, on the first entry into a race show, he won me over $300k :lol: He is now a champion in the discipline and has over $400k earnings, and is also up for public stud...click on his picture to check him out!

While I was breeding Zella however, I had purchased a couple more race horses, two mares and two stallions, from Stormchase Stables (as you can see earlier in this farm log 8-)). These are the mares:

Grace Kelly

Dirty Little Secret

And here are the stallions:

The Twist

Dynamic Shockwave

Grace is bred to Shockwave while Secret is to Twist to add fresh blood into my herd. That's how far I've gotten so far in the program...and I am having fun every step of the way. I am excited to see the foals these girls will drop for my program. I will continue to train Junior 5 as I have a good feeling he will follow in his sire's footsteps as the next racing champion. Stay tuned for another update :)
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Cloud Nine Acres

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Nice to see that my horses are being useful :)
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Stormchase Stables wrote:Nice to see that my horses are being useful :)
They are definitely some good looking horses :)
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote:Nice to see that my horses are being useful :)
Thanks! I'm not sure how half of my racers got so dark but I'm not complaining, ya know? If you see a stally that you like in my farm or on my side acc, let me know! I'll stud him- price starting from 500.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Thanks! I'm not sure how half of my racers got so dark but I'm not complaining, ya know? If you see a stally that you like in my farm or on my side acc, let me know! I'll stud him- price starting from 500.
Lol I'm not gonna complain either, I love how dark your horses are. Even IRL I have a thing for dark horses anyway, especially the darker bays :lol: And I will let you know if I find a stud of yours that I'm interested in! Thanks for the offer!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Foals - race horse and color project!

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Racehorse Project

Colt:

Secret Twist

Sired by The Twist, birthed by Dirty Little Secret - speed score of 62!

Filly:

Shockwave Kelly

Sired by Dynamic Shockwave, birthed by Grace Kelly - speed score of 62!

Color Project

Colt:

Two Faces

Sired by Laredo's Magic Trigger, birthed by Cotton Candy.

Filly:

Peppermint Solution

Sired by Reverse Skipper and birthed by Enchanted Crystals, whom unfortunately has failed to produce a third foal of adequate color and thus is now on sale for offers. Spicy Crystals her eldest filly has taken her place.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Thanks! I'm not sure how half of my racers got so dark but I'm not complaining, ya know? If you see a stally that you like in my farm or on my side acc, let me know! I'll stud him- price starting from 500.
Lol I'm not gonna complain either, I love how dark your horses are. Even IRL I have a thing for dark horses anyway, especially the darker bays :lol: And I will let you know if I find a stud of yours that I'm interested in! Thanks for the offer!
I have one boy that I think you're gonna love! He was the star of my stable for a while, then got moved to my Eventing side because I was scared he was going to retire. Here's my handsome boy,
*SS* Ascending Glory

Although it says 61 speed, he's actually 65. I got mixed up lol
But he's got great confo, a good body and he's a looker 8-)
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
I have one boy that I think you're gonna love! He was the star of my stable for a while, then got moved to my Eventing side because I was scared he was going to retire. Here's my handsome boy,
*SS* Ascending Glory

I actually really really like him :o I do have a filly come that age I would like for him to cover her - This is her. Right now she's only a foal but she has 62 speed and combined with his I think they would make a great breeding pair. What ya think? ;)
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: I have one boy that I think you're gonna love! He was the star of my stable for a while, then got moved to my Eventing side because I was scared he was going to retire. Here's my handsome boy,
*SS* Ascending Glory

I actually really really like him :o I do have a filly come that age I would like for him to cover her - This is her. Right now she's only a foal but she has 62 speed and combined with his I think they would make a great breeding pair. What ya think? ;)
Yes their foal would be awesome!
A word of advice/warning: Sometimes body types, genetics and conformation clash. There's a 70% chance the foal's gonna turn out to be 56 or less speed, and a 25% for a 60-64 speed foal, and 5% chance for 65 and higher.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Yes their foal would be awesome!
A word of advice/warning: Sometimes body types, genetics and conformation clash. There's a 70% chance the foal's gonna turn out to be 56 or less speed, and a 25% for a 60-64 speed foal, and 5% chance for 65 and higher.
Yep of course! :) When the time comes I'll let you know....I do plan on mating them at least 3 times to see how the foals turn out.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm