The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

HeianStables - Sanhe

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

HeianStables - Sanhe

Post by AltNazarach »

Hello everyone ^^

As I'm currently a bit stuck on my main account Projects, I wanted to try something new and begin to breed the Sanhe Breed.

They are a asian race - wich I'm a private fan of - and as they seem to be fairly rare at the moment, breeding them presents somewhat of a challenge.
(On a side-note; up until now the pony-types were of less interest to me and playing around with them will be a breath of fresh air I hope)

BUT I by myself won't breed all breeds necessary for getting to the Sanhe but instead use some of my main account, as well as plundering the market for offered studs (if they fit into my criteria).

So my current plan for this project:

- Tarpans and Przewalskis are needed as starters (getting a few with the fitting evals, also Crosses)

- next step will be Exmoors, Mongolians and Sorraias (so I will focus on getting these first)

- Spanish Jennets, and Galloways

- after that Tiger Horses are the last step before actually getting to the Sanhe

(Friesians, Andalusians will be mainly from my main account; Akal-Tekes are left to be seen)

And if someone wants to take part in, or is open to collaboration in this project, you can ping me anytime :)

My first successes with Exmoor Ponies are already present - so, so far this projects seems to be of to a good start ^^

He Xiu

5* Exmoor; 5* Sorraia; 4* Mongolian
34 HGP

He Qiu

5* Exmoor; 5* Sorraia; 4* Mongolian
31 HGP

Also, the nearest one close to a 5* Mongolian:

He Fan

Tarpan x Przewalski Horse [50%]
4* Mongolian (39%/40% BS); 4* Exmoor; 3* Sorraia
32 HGP
Last edited by AltNazarach on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: HeianStables - Sanhe

Post by AltNazarach »

First Mongolian, and it's even a filly ^^
So greet my new roadpoint to the Sanhe (seems like getting to Sorraia has just become more feasible now): Little Qing Li

Qing Li

Mongolian [+1]
5* Mongolian; 3* Sorraia
30,5 HGP
hikko
Visit My Farm

Post by hikko »

AltNazarach wrote: new roadpoint to the Sanhe (seems like getting to Sorraia has just become more feasible now): Little Qing Li
Hey, if any of m'y sorraia or spanish jenet can help in your projet, let me know!
I have Nice mongolian stud on m'y side accourt too..
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

hikko wrote:
AltNazarach wrote: new roadpoint to the Sanhe (seems like getting to Sorraia has just become more feasible now): Little Qing Li
Hey, if any of m'y sorraia or spanish jenet can help in your projet, let me know!
I have Nice mongolian stud on m'y side accourt too..
hi ^o^
i'd be very gratefull if i could use them further down the line, I'm thinking of keeping a few of the 'pre-breed' so getting new blood in there would be really awesome :D Many thanks for the offer - if one of mine is of interest to you you can also always ask me to put them up for breeding etc. ^^
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

And the second Mongolian, greet with me the amusingly named Shibai Chen ^^

(Though I'm a bit disappointed in his br-comments, so maybe a brother will replace him :/)
Mongolian [+1]
5* Mongolian; 2* Sorraia
32,3 HGP
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

AltNazarach wrote: And if someone wants to take part in, or is open to collaboration in this project, you can ping me anytime :)
Hi, saw that you were breeding for the Sanhe. I am interested in seeing your progress and if you need any help, I'd be more than willing to. (Funding and such)
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
AltNazarach wrote: And if someone wants to take part in, or is open to collaboration in this project, you can ping me anytime :)
Hi, saw that you were breeding for the Sanhe. I am interested in seeing your progress and if you need any help, I'd be more than willing to. (Funding and such)
Hi,
thanks for the offer ^^ Are you breeding them too or any of the sub-crosses/breeds? Having the opportunity to get some fresh blood in the lines (at a later point) will be help enough :)
And I hope I won't let you down if progress is a bit slow, I'm a tad busy at the moment and only sometimes get the chance to do more than make a few rounds ^^'
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

AltNazarach wrote: Hi,
thanks for the offer ^^ Are you breeding them too or any of the sub-crosses/breeds? Having the opportunity to get some fresh blood in the lines (at a later point) will be help enough :)
And I hope I won't let you down if progress is a bit slow, I'm a tad busy at the moment and only sometimes get the chance to do more than make a few rounds ^^'
I've a few Spanish Jennets, (Not my own line) if you're interested.
No worries, I take quite a long time to achieve my goals, took quite a few months for my Standardbreds. It paid off.
I'm a fan of Asian horses too. Am a Chinese myself. Was going to work on some of them but Racers captured my heart and till now...still racers lol.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote: I've a few Spanish Jennets, (Not my own line) if you're interested.
No worries, I take quite a long time to achieve my goals, took quite a few months for my Standardbreds. It paid off.
I'm a fan of Asian horses too. Am a Chinese myself. Was going to work on some of them but Racers captured my heart and till now...still racers lol.
Definitly interested as stated above ^^ yeah, slow work means more carefull work as well so it should get results at some point. I'm german, but I like the slighter, more agile breeds and especially if they also have a bit of history attached, so seeing the sanhe beeing so rare, I found it a bit of a pity and decided to breed them (if possible); well, they are said to have been used as racers too, so maybe there will be a chance for you to breed them for that at a later point? ;)
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

AltNazarach wrote: Definitly interested as stated above ^^ yeah, slow work means more carefull work as well so it should get results at some point. I'm german, but I like the slighter, more agile breeds and especially if they also have a bit of history attached, so seeing the sanhe beeing so rare, I found it a bit of a pity and decided to breed them (if possible); well, they are said to have been used as racers too, so maybe there will be a chance for you to breed them for that at a later point? ;)
Yep, it definitely should. Nice! And yes, they are pretty rare. It's possible if we persist. Yeah, perhaps, I'm working on Spotted Saddles, Thoroughbreds and the Spanish Jennets now, so I'm a bit full.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 pm