The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

~S&F~ Spots and Feathers Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ~S&F~ Spots and Feathers Log

Post by malishka33 »

Falabella Project
A Little Intro

Ive tried many different projects to work with in this game and though they were all fun and adventurous, I was in search for a permanent project to focus on at all times. Most of my projects either ended, eventually, or I gave up on them for different reasons. But from all my experience with breeding fancy horses and finally mixing stats in them, I begin to get curious what the smallest horses would look like being spotted. This is were my falabella project was born. :D

Of all my projects out there, not counting my fancy horses projects which will never have an end, I have never come so far as I have with these bellas!!

I chose Falabellas because they are the smallest breed I know, come in all kinds of colors, and not much expanded in this game.

~S&F~ Samson
~S&F~ Spots & Feathers Farms
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by malishka33 »

Falabella Project

At first I was thinking, lets create some cute spotted bellas!
So I did, and they turned out too cute!!

~S&F~ Zippo Bluebell

~S&F~ Misty

Once I achieved that goal, I put my bellas on the list of finished projects. :D
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by malishka33 »

Falabella Project

A while later, I decided why not create cool looking bellas that have mohawks and not just spotted coats!! so I did. :D

Falabella Mare

Falabella Mare

This is where i have decided that spots and mohawks for these little cuties will be my uniform for them!
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by malishka33 »

Falabella Project

Then i decided to put the fancy looks aside and started to work on some stats for this breed.
This is where i started creating one Gold Stat at a time and stopped focusing on the looks of the breed.

Finally i created a good one!

~S&F~ General Startdust

Then I switched back to making a high stat bellas with mohawks, whether spotted or not, plus aiming for a 5* for that breed!

~S&F~ Little Victory

~S&F~ Vixen
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by malishka33 »

At last,
the Paint coats are here!!

Last edited by malishka33 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by malishka33 »

Dappled Coats Collection

Painted Dappled Horses!!

~S&F~ Crystal Drop

Last edited by malishka33 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by malishka33 »

Feathered Painted Horse Project

yay my first feathered painted Horse!
(No Breed specific Goal)

malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by malishka33 »

Special Project #1 - Whited Horse
I set out on a quest to create a white horse by spreading the white markings of paint coats by using the tabiano paint gene.

I didnt think it was possible, but it actually happened!
Here is how i did it:

First I got my hands on a tobiano painted horse with a white head. It wasn't easy, but eventually I got it!

After I got the white head, I began to breed for more white in the body, and this is some examples of what I got:

At last, I cam to this and got stuck:

After searching, mixing and matching, I finally got past that but had new obstacles:

all those markings just wouldn't leave! If one was gone, the other markings were still their, or some other marking that iv already stepped over, would come back.

Finally, the battle came down to a battle with 3 markings:

After searching and mixing more, I came to realize I need a tobiano horse with white legs.
I searched for days and didnt find a stallion that worked. Most of my best mares have already aged out and i was just about ready to give up. Then....thankfully, a good friend saved my project by finding the perfect stallion for what I needed!

I mixed and stirred the gene pool using this stallion, and at last I started getting some horses with solid white hind legs!

after mixing that into my gene pool, getting the white tail was the last obstacle and I finally got it:

Last but not least, I got my first whited out horse, but there was a tiney little problem....
that spot under the horses arm!

but I wasn't too worried about it because ive had plenty of horses withought that mark already, so it wasn't anything new for me.
Finally, I mixed a little bit more, and Ta-da! I got what I was aiming for!!

Meet my beautiful whited out tobiano stallion!!

Note: These steps were not all in the correct order, and not all information was mentioned, as well as not all horses in this process were shown here.
Last edited by malishka33 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nessein
Visit My Farm

Post by Nessein »

He is really pretty! How long did it take you to achieve this?
AmbyBamby74477
Visit My Farm

Post by AmbyBamby74477 »

Ok sorry I am not trying to be rude but when you refer to a horse that has "fluffy hair" around their feet it is referred to as feather. This bothered me because so many ppl on here say, "my horse has feathers" and "look at this feathered horse". "You would say my horse has feather" and "look at this horse with feather". Not trying to be a stickler but if another gypsy vanner breeder or an owner of a horse with feather was reading through all the comments on this game, they would probably bring it to others attention. Again not trying to be rude ;)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:23 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:23 pm