The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Dance With Me Training Stables

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Dance With Me Training Stables

Post by Kayaine »

As of 2/4/17, ~DWM~ no longer sells horses or studs certain horses to anyone without a long standing acquaintance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Breed Goals:

Belgians
Przewalski
Colored Przewalski
Spiked Belgians
Petite Przewalski
Boot Sized Belgians

Przewalski Color Goals:
Dusky
Dusky Dapple
Dusky Dapple Grullo
Champagne
Cremello
Black
Silver Grullo
Palomino
Buckskin
Silver Dapple
Grullo
Blue Roan
Silver Manes
Flaxen Manes
Tiger Eyes

Additional Comments:
If you see any of my studs you would like to breed to, feel free to let me know.

Champion (Ch.) - 200 points
Grand Champion (GCh.) - 700
Master Champion (MCh.) - 1500
Master Grand Champion (MGCh.) - 3000
Supreme Champion (SCh.) - 4900
Supreme Grand Champion (SGCh.) - 7300
Supreme Master Grand Champion (SMGCh.) - 10000

Personal Research:

Bombproof
Calm
Even-Tempered
Spirited
High Strung

Agouti:
At - Brown
A - Bay
A+ - Wild Bay

Cream Gene

Cream is a dominant allele and shows over red colors such as chestnut, bay, and brown. A single cream gene turns red colors golden, but does not show up on black colors.

The cream gene changes colors like so:

Chestnut + Cream = Palomino
Bay + Cream = Buckskin
Black + Cream = Smoky Black
Chestnut + (Cream + Cream) = Cremello
Bay + (Cream + Cream) = Perlino
Black + (Cream + Cream) = Smoky Cream

Like I mentioned, a single cream gene does not affect black, so an adult Smoky Black horse looks identical to a plain black horse. However, on this game you can differentiate between the two by looking at the color the horse is as a foal. Black foals have a slightly reddish tint on here compared to smoky black which looks more silvery:
Black foal: Image
Smoky black foal:Image

Two cream genes further lightens the coat so the golden color turns almost white, pink appears around the eyes and muzzle, and black lights to a very bleached brown color.

Pearl Gene

Pearl is a recessive allele that occupies the same gene as the cream allele. The pearl gene does not show up unless there are two pearl alleles present or a cream and a pearl allele. When pearl is paired with cream, it looks the same as two cream genes. It's easiest to tell a cream pearl when one of the parents do not have a cream gene, like the colt in the original post. If the parentage is unknown and the horse looks like it has two cream genes, you breed the horse to a chestnut horse a few times and see if a chestnut-looking foal crops up - if so, you have a cream pearl. If all the foals are palomino, you've got two cream alleles.

Two pearl alleles on a chestnut horse looks similar to a red dun but without dun markings (e.g., dorsal stripe, zebra stripes on legs). This is most apparent when neither the sire or the dam are dun, but the foal looks dun. Two pearl on black looks like classic champagne and two pearl on bay looks like amber champagne, but no special other characteristics (e.g., freckling around the eyes/muzzle, light eyes) are present. Again, these type of pearls are easiest identified by the color of the parents.[/quote]
Last edited by Kayaine on Mon May 08, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 23 times in total.
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Re: Dance With Me Meadows [DWM] - Paints, QHs, and TBs

Post by nyraeia »

She's up now, if you're interested.
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Re: Dance With Me Training Stables

Post by Kayaine »

The first colts and fillies of my new Toy Arab line have arrived!

Toy Princess ~DWM~ : Born at 17 in tall!
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/405441

Toy With Me ~DWM~ : Born at 12 in tall!
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/400201

Also, the best of my Shameless Colts & Fillies:

Shameless Sarcasm ~DWM~
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/388099

Shameless Chocolate ~DWM~
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/387904
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

Update: My line of Toy Arabians have taken 7 of the 10 in hand world records between 4 horses with Toy Princess taking the most so far at 4!

At this point, while I continue to raise and train my Shameless and Toy lines, I am beginning a breeding project for a line of Silver Dapple, Black, and Grullo Arabians with 0% COI. Wish me luck!
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

What colour is Shameless Chocolate?! I think he is the most beautiful horse I have ever seen on here...
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

Weaving wrote:What colour is Shameless Chocolate?! I think he is the most beautiful horse I have ever seen on here...
He's a Silver Dapple with app spots and speckles. I also think he's a gorgeous boy!
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Gosh he really is so handsome!
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Post by KayaineII »

Weaving wrote:Gosh he really is so handsome!
If you like him, I'm working on breeding a line of 0% COI Arabians that are black, grullo, or silver dapple in color. They won't have the spots, but they'll still be pretty. Also, if you wanted to breed to any of the little studs in the future, I'll be rotating who's up for stud, but I have a full barn of 12 Toy studs. Unfortunately only 8 of them are tiny, though. XD
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Post by KayaineII »

nyraeia wrote:ping
She's up now, if you're interested.
I'm pinging you because your toy horse is ready for you when you want to pick her up. She's hanging out in the Best of DWM stables if you wanna take a peek at her! I've dubbed her Shameless Havoc. Let me know if you still want her!
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

KayaineII wrote: I'm pinging you because your toy horse is ready for you when you want to pick her up. She's hanging out in the Best of DWM stables if you wanna take a peek at her! I've dubbed her Shameless Havoc. Let me know if you still want her!
Kayaine wrote:ping2
Yes, I am. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 pm