The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

∰ The Whyle

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Randi Potos
Visit My Farm

Re: ∰ The Whyle

Post by Randi Potos »

Wow, nice stock! The conformation in your herd is so consistent. Beautiful horses. :)
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Bitapetrone »

Farant wrote: What do you mean by score for mares?
I enter the mares in shows untrained, but I make sure that they're all at moderate weight and bombproof temperament (I find that my horses do best at moderate weight and even-tempered, but it can be difficult to regulate that with all of my mares each turn, thus I leave them at bombproof). My ranch horse mares need to be able to get a 44+ in Working Ranch before I'll give them permanent residence in the broodmare barn. This score requirement steadily rises with each successful generation.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Bitapetrone wrote:
Farant wrote: What do you mean by score for mares?
I enter the mares in shows untrained, but I make sure that they're all at moderate weight and bombproof temperament (I find that my horses do best at moderate weight and even-tempered, but it can be difficult to regulate that with all of my mares each turn, thus I leave them at bombproof). My ranch horse mares need to be able to get a 44+ in Working Ranch before I'll give them permanent residence in the broodmare barn. This score requirement steadily rises with each successful generation.
And if the mare is not able to get 44 points before, for example, 8 years? She will not be bred?
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Bitapetrone »

Farant wrote: And if the mare is not able to get 44 points before, for example, 8 years? She will not be bred?
Not so much by age, but by quantity of shows. If I test run her 10-20 times and I don't see a 44 then I don't breed her. Generally, it's all sorted between the age of 4 and 6. And just to clarify, it's the score I am looking at, not her accumulated points.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Bitapetrone wrote:
Farant wrote: And if the mare is not able to get 44 points before, for example, 8 years? She will not be bred?
Not so much by age, but by quantity of shows. If I test run her 10-20 times and I don't see a 44 then I don't breed her. Generally, it's all sorted between the age of 4 and 6. And just to clarify, it's the score I am looking at, not her accumulated points.
It's complicated, but effective) I'm not looking at it at all. I'm choosing them by their looks, because they are responsible for that))
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

Bitapetrone wrote:Shanks! :D
Hey did you still want this mare? http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/615050
If not it's okay you just mentioned before that you would like her when I sold her.
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Bitapetrone »

I've recently returned from a several month long break. I've updated my main post to show information on my newest project: racers.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Finally going to give me back my dressage ring ? :P
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Bitapetrone »

Argent wrote:Finally going to give me back my dressage ring ? :P
Yaw, I am done breeding dressage critters for the moment! Lol.
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Bitapetrone »

Updated to include my newest racing stallion Daedalus, who recently finished with a time of 1:59.77 in a Racing event as well as to include my newest project, "Godolphin", which focuses in breeding quality Endurance horses, one of which has obtained the new high score in Endurance with a 19.01.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 pm