The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Opalite Ranch - Diluted Akhal Tekes

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Re: Opalite Ranch - Diluted Akhal Tekes

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:
Farant wrote: Do you keep track or something?
Yes, I have a huge spreadsheet :)
In Excel?)
hex4kit
Visit My Farm

Post by hex4kit »

Farant wrote:
hex4kit wrote:
Yes, I have a huge spreadsheet :)
In Excel?)
I have it in Google Sheets
Basically, it's the horse, comments if I have any, Family (which is a letter for each horses and then I put them together for the foals), Breed, Breed %, GP, Number of gold stats, number of green stats, and coat grade on 5
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:I have it in Google Sheets
Basically, it's the horse, comments if I have any, Family (which is a letter for each horses and then I put them together for the foals), Breed, Breed %, GP, Number of gold stats, number of green stats, and coat grade on 5
Well, it's good!
I started that some time ago, but lost some time. I just don't know how to sort all this/ I write all my breedings in the copybook. I write name of the stallion and some details. Under him I write mares' names and details about foals: gender, build, rehomed or not. But it's a mess. I sort my horses very often, and it's hard to keep track of them before maturity - I can erase any. I just don't know how to organize that.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Tell me, after that age mane will not change? I guess it may change now? http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/616254
hex4kit
Visit My Farm

Post by hex4kit »

Farant wrote:
Tell me, after that age mane will not change? I guess it may change now? http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/616254
It can grow longer but the type of mane can't change :)
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:
Farant wrote: Tell me, after that age mane will not change? I guess it may change now? http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/616254
Yeah. I should look for mohawk after 3 years. I had a hope she'll have a mohawk.))
hex4kit
Visit My Farm

Post by hex4kit »

Farant wrote:
hex4kit wrote:
Yeah. I should look for mohawk after 3 years. I had a hope she'll have a mohawk.))
I feel you lmao, I'm watching my mohawk babies every turn because I want them to be homozygous so bad
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:I feel you lmao, I'm watching my mohawk babies every turn because I want them to be homozygous so bad
I think there's no point. I have some babies out of mohawk stallion, and I guess I'll check them at 3 years. But if they'll be mohawk, there's great work to include mohawk in my lines. I guess I need 2 or 3 generations only to get some good mares with that kind of mane to include them in herd.
But I used Bita's horses, and it was great. I had good stallions with mohawk. Looong time ago.
hex4kit
Visit My Farm

Post by hex4kit »

Farant wrote:
hex4kit wrote:I feel you lmao, I'm watching my mohawk babies every turn because I want them to be homozygous so bad
I think there's no point. I have some babies out of mohawk stallion, and I guess I'll check them at 3 years. But if they'll be mohawk, there's great work to include mohawk in my lines. I guess I need 2 or 3 generations only to get some good mares with that kind of mane to include them in herd.
But I used Bita's horses, and it was great. I had good stallions with mohawk. Looong time ago.
There's no point in checking them everyday, you're right, but I prefer to do so and rehome them as soon as a regular mane pops so that I have more space
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:There's no point in checking them everyday, you're right, but I prefer to do so and rehome them as soon as a regular mane pops so that I have more space
Oh, I forgot about that.)
Did you ever seen horses with Horse-type, medium heavy build?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:05 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:05 am