Community Forum

⸙ℍ Harakeke Heights: Updated April 14, 2020

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Alaina
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

⸙ℍ Harakeke Heights: Updated April 14, 2020

Post by Alaina »

Breeding Performance Quality Kaimanawa Horses
First Kaimanawa born in HWO
Bred by Harakeke Heights
November 2015
About Us
  • Harakeke Heights is a premier breeder of Kaimanawa horses. Our name "harakeke" comes from the flax bushes that grows all across New Zealand. Our logo is the New Zealand native "tui" bird sitting amongst the flax flowers. Our show colors (as well as the colors found in our logo) are green and cream. These colors were chosen as they are both colors known for safety, dependability and closeness to nature. Harakeke Heights is owned and run by beta tester, Alaina. Alaina is an American married to a Kiwi with a son born in New Zealand. It is her love for her husband, son and their home country that made her decide on a New Zealand themed farm and breed.
About Our Horses
  • Every horse in our herd has a pedigree spanning 20+ generations back to three foundation studs and five foundation mares. These eight horses are the ancestors of our ultimate foundation sire, Ranginui o te Harakeke. Our horses are currently bred for a mixture of high GP, performance and conformation to breed standards. We strive for horses with the following characteristics:
    • 1. Base coats of black, bay (including brown) and chestnut with or without leopard complex, W5, W20, tobiano, flaxen and/or dun
      2. Ideal height between 12.3hh and 13.3hh but no shorter than 12.2hh and no taller than 15hh
      3. Medium-Light to Medium-Heavy build
      4. 35%-55% body size
      5. 70% horse to 65% pony type
      7. A primary focus on movement, strength, tempo and balance (in that order) with a secondary focus on stamina and intelligence
      8. An emphasis on exceptional performance in hunter with acceptable performance in dressage, cross country, show jumping, driven dressage, marathon driving and obstacle driving

Currently you can find our horses regularly climbing the ladder of success with multiple places on leaderboards and world records in a variety of disciplines. Although we make hunter ponies our primary goal, our horses have proven themselves in plenty of other corners of the competition world.
Last edited by Alaina on April 14th, 2020, 8:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Alaina
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: ⸙ℍ Harakeke Heights

Post by Alaina »

Current Herd Sires

Competitive Herd Sires:

Barn One

Barn Two

Non-Competitive Herd Sires:

Barn One

Barn Two

Barn Three
Last edited by Alaina on February 27th, 2017, 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alaina
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Alaina »

Public Studs
None Currently
For Sale
None Currently
Alaina
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Alaina »

December 9th, 2016 Update

I updated the herd sires post so our two upcoming sires are now in the current herd sires category. Now that these two have proven themselves worthy of becoming full time herd sires I thought I would give them each a little introduction!

⸙ℍ Ka Pukehore o Marohirohi

Ka Pukehore is the first up of our two new herd sires! With a modest genetic potential of 57,813, two green stats (stamina and balance), one gold stat (intelligence) and a medium-heavy chunky pony-type build this stud could be easily overlooked by a lot of people. While seemingly lackluster on paper and in looks he has more than made up for it in competitive ability! At a mere 6 years old and three days into his showing career he can already lay claim to seven world records (six current and one previous) as well as a Grand Champion title in five disciplines, Master Champion title in one discipline and even a Master Grand Champion title in dressage! He boasts a total of 9,949 points in 393 starts and a place rate of 83.5%!

⸙ℍ Hokanui o Manawataki

Hokanui is the second of our new herd sires in name only! This stud has it all: A respectable genetic potential of 60,755; three gold stats (stamina, balance, and intelligence); one green stat (agility); he's of medium-light horse type with a very correct, proportional look. Best of all he's not just good looking but competitive as well! Hokanui is five years old, three days into his showing career and has swept up an astounding 19 WORLD RECORDS across 5 DISCIPLINES! 16 of the 19 are current while the other three are previous records (only beaten by himself!). He holds two Champion titles, two Grand Champion titles and three Master Champion titles! He has a total of 9,490 points in 399 starts and a place rate of 82.5%!

Specializing in Kaimanawa

Alaina
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: ⸙ℍ Harakeke Heights: Updated December 25th, 2016

Post by Alaina »

December 25th, 2016 Update

The herd sires has been updated. Unfortunately our latest two herd sires don't quite live up to their predecessors but they are still proving themselves willing and able in the show ring! I will forego introducing them in favor of honoring a stud that is on the verge of retiring. That stud being none other than:

⸙ℍ Hokanui o Manawataki

I want to honor this boy because he has without a doubt been the best horse to come out of my farm thus far. I was so tempted to put him on my side account and immortalize him forever but I can't bring myself to do that. I respect and understand people who choose to freeze exceptional studs but I myself shy away from the practice only because I tend to look forward and try to breed better studs all the time which means the older studs would just be sitting around unused and using up valuable space.
I very nearly made an exception for this boy though. His current and previous World Records stand at a staggering 20 World Records combined! His 828 career starts brought him 21,780 points and over $1 million in earnings over seven disciplines. Unfortunately none of his sons met the standards he set in showing but I am hopeful that we will see a grandson or great grandson of his in the ring one day.

Alaina
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: ⸙ℍ Harakeke Heights: Updated December 25th, 2016

Post by Alaina »

February 27th, 2017 Update

It's been a while since I've been able to update. Life in the real world has gotten a bit hectic but should quiet down here in a few weeks.
In horsey related news the wonderful Bitapetrone, owner of The Whyle, allowed me to combine her award winning bloodlines with my own and we have seen some exceptional results. The first two competitive studs to come from the crosses have easily topped previous hunter scores.

Moanawhenuapouri

Mokihinui

Alaina
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: ⸙ℍ Harakeke Heights: Updated April 12th, 2017

Post by Alaina »

April 12th, 2017 Update

Spring has sprung here at Harakeke Heights with some brilliant progress! First we got a belgian stud with gold strength and a near green movement comment that will (hopefully) bring us some great progress towards combining our gold strength and movement lines. Second, we had a gold movement born with one of the top movement comments possible in the game! This colt may not look like anything special but in theory he has the genes and the confo to reliably throw great movement in all his offspring!
In our main herd we have two promising studs being trained up and two waiting in the wings. Once they have made their debut in the show ring I will bring more info here!

Top Movement

Strength/Movement

BlueThatWolf
Visit My Farm

Post by BlueThatWolf »

Can you please put a horse on sale, i really wan't to get my favourite horse breed and can't find the second half of the breeding thing anywhere (the auzzie pony and stock horse)
Thx c:
Become a Patron!