The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Black Oak Farms

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farms

Post by BlackOak2 »

8arbarossa wrote:So how did you start? does incest help reducing HGP? I have a HGP 28k horse and thats the lowest i have, is looking for low HGP horses enough or is there a trick behind it, if i may ask ofcourse :)
Of course, you can ask! :D Looking for low HGP horses is just the start. Incest (or COI, the coefficient of inbreeding) means little in this game so far (none of the possible negative results of 'incest' or inbreeding has been programed into the game yet), so in-breeding horses only offers the most basic of results (securing certain desirable traits). For instance, if you like long manes (since long manes is recessive), breeding siblings with medium manes together, gives you the quickest way to getting a foal with the long mane gene. So if you have a mare or a stallion that always offers foals that are weaker than them, then that horse is probably a better place to start than a low HGP.
Lacking any history on the horse, starting with a lower HGP is a good start. To continue along the bloodline, you just breed them the same way (in the opposite direction) that you would breed a high HGP bloodline. You want to find the best offspring that offers you the best foal. In this case, the best offspring that might offer you the best genes to work toward the lowest HGP is those horses that the Breeder's Report offers the worst outcomes. So a horse with all neutral comments but with an HGP that is 25000 is perhaps worse to breed from than a horse that has five of the eight negative comments but offers an HGP of 31000.

I was able to find a couple of Baladi horses that their line was 'weaker' at producing a higher HGP than their parents (they happened to be related, a mare and her cousin... or something), plus I had a line of my own that I had a horrible time trying to get an HGP and breeder's report that was better or even matched it's parents. The Baladi pair was in the high 27000's and the other horse topped out somewhere in the 29000 range. It took me ten generations to get down into the lower 12000 area.

Perhaps I could've attacked it a little more accurately. What you could try, is find horses that are separately weak in multiple of the Breeder's Report comments. For instance, a Belgian is weak in movement and speed. An arabian usually pops up weak in strength... if you were to get together these horses and inject these 'weak' genes appropriately, then your HGP will follow suit and begin to drop in leaps and bounds.

I have one obstacle I'm working on right now. Although my herd is generally weak in almost all the breeder's report comments (strength, stamina, movement, tempo, balance, intelligence), my line has a strength in agility and is comparatively very strong in speed. Even now, in the 12000 and 13000 HGP range, I will still get positive (not just neutral) comments in speed and agility and sometimes even movement or tempo. That is what I'm working on presently.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Interesting.. good reading material tnx, i learned a lot.
I just noticed the past week that there where long tails and shorter tails, at the end i would like my horses to have long tails but i didnt know it was recessive. How do you know what genes are recessive in the game? and what genes are present in the game, do you know?

tnx again
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

8arbarossa wrote:Interesting.. good reading material tnx, i learned a lot.
I just noticed the past week that there where long tails and shorter tails, at the end i would like my horses to have long tails but i didnt know it was recessive. How do you know what genes are recessive in the game? and what genes are present in the game, do you know?

tnx again
I know some of them. I published a newbie guide in the help section that lists the colors and some other information.
manes and tails are linked (you can't have a short mane with a long tail) and long is recessive (but they may grow long when the foal is really young, or not grow in fully until the horse is 15 years... give or take...)
dominant genes include metallic, graying, roan, cream, champagne, leopard complex, pattern, varnish roan, black, agouti (in this order, brown, bay, wild bay, where wild bay overrules the other agouti), also agouti will overrule black, dun, silver, mealy (pangare), sooty...
recessive genes include long mane/tail, tiger eye, pearl, chestnut

There are (nominally) four types of genes, they are Dominant, Recessive, Co-Dominant and Incomplete (or Incomplete Dominant. (Most genes are handled by two alleles, for instance, leopard complex is noted as Lp)
Dominant needs only one to express and overrules any recessive and incomplete genes entirely (I do not know if a co-dominant gene can express when with a dominant gene, either in real life or on the game... for leopard complex, this can look like Lplp, as in one positive allele and one negative allele or leopard complex, LpLp as in two positive alleles. Both of these would offer the same expression. Or lplp, which is two negative alleles, or no alleles for leopard complex, so the horse would not express leopard)
Recessive means that it needs two of that same gene to express. (so if leopard complex was recessive it would need to read LpLp to express, but a single one Lplp would be said to be a 'carrier-for')
Co-Dominant means that both genes can express themselves at the same time. I do not know if they are added to the game or not, but in real life, these genes can express themselves, for instance a rose that has both completely white petals right next to completely red petals. In essence it means that both of these colors carry the same dominant ability and cannot override each other, but do not work in conjunction (they don't make pink-colored petals, which would be an expression of an incomplete gene).
Incomplete means that it can express halfway. This is what happens to our manes/tails. If you have just one short, it means your horse will express just short mane/tails. If you have one short and one long, it means you will get medium length mane/tails. But if you have two longs, it means you will have long mane/tails. So both the dominant short mane/tail gene and the recessive long mane/tail gene are actually incomplete dominant and incomplete recessive genes.

The rest of the genes, such as long ears versus short ears, seem to work on a specific growth pattern rather than a short ear dominant, long ear recessive type thing. Which could be why you could have a little falabella born that grows into giant size, even when a good deal of it's ancestors all have been short. I certainly haven't figured all of the genes out.
As for what has been added, what may be and when, you may find that information in the (forums) change log, announcements and in the suggestions in Argent's reports at the top and also in the suggestions archive.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Great post tnx
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
jl1106
Visit My Farm

Post by jl1106 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Black Oak Specialty Training Program

My Specialty Training Program is listed under Competition Training, but I have other programs available as well.

Basic Information
I will take horses in for training (that includes partially trained).
However, I will purchase said stock and post for private sale only (see bottom of this post for pricing).
Stock will move from original owner into my ownership and then return to owner, there will be no exceptions to this rule.

My schedule is erratic sometimes, but horses will get fully trained in 3 years (give or take a couple months depending on previous training). What this means is that it may take me a couple days to complete training-only, or it may take me up to or over a week, but your horse will have aged no more than the guarantee (guarantees posted with programs).

Once training-only is finished and 24 hours pass with no pick-up, they will begin a competition career at my discretion until they leave (be warned that the first time is free-of-charge, any additional incidents may be upgraded to Competition Training Rates; this is to dissuade abuse of the Competition Training Program). Any earnings will not be forwarded as during training, ownership was shifted to me.

Note that if the horse is not picked up, they will continue to age and will eventually age out. There will be no compensation for lost horses. There will be no guarantee of offspring-free (however, my lines are closed and I have no desire to introduce unknown blood, regardless of rarity or bloodlines); there will be a guarantee of no public stud posts (or broodmare posts if that option ever becomes available). There will also be a guarantee of sales only to the stables of which the contract comes from (which means that if you contact me from your primary account and you want horse A trained from your second account, I will only return it to your primary account, so be sure to make the contract/contact from the account that the horse will be returning too, not necessarily coming from).

Program Prices are as follows:
Stamina Only (trained till above 90%): 7000 (training takes approximately one year; tempo and balance will also be affected)

Partial Training (training only for a single discipline): 5000 per stat (because I don't know how long this will take, I cannot guarantee a 3 year or better turnaround, this is also the reason for the price)

Training Only (All stats will be trained until above 99%): 15,000 for untouched (meaning anything below 100 total points of previous training); 18,000 for pre-trained with completion within 3 years; 25,000 for pre-trained with completion over 3 years

Exceptions Training
: for those accepting training up to 95% plus in all stats, untouched is 10,000 and pre-trained is 12,000 (three year turnaround or better)

Specialty Program
Competition Training: Prices dependent on HGP (based on potential supplemental income or loss); encompasses full training and competitions run for a complete sampling of abilities (see below for explanation of sampling)
HGP 32000 and below: 30,000 (these horses will probably offer the most loss; potential savings of up to 15,000 for title earnings)
HGP 32001 to 45000: 25,000 (with a savings of up to 10,000 for title earnings)
HGP 45001 to 50000: 20,000 (with a savings of up to 10,000 for title earnings)
HGP 50001 to 65000: 15,000 (expected title earnings, save 5000 for 6 digit purse accumulation)
HGP 65001 and above: 10,000 (expected title earnings, save 5000 for 6 digit purse accumulation)

Competition Sampling: (sampling may contain higher levels or additional entry counts, but are limited to at least having the following)
If there are no First, Second and Third placing, no less than 10 entries at no higher than level 3.
If there are placements in First, Second or Third positions, no less than 20 entries at no higher than level 5.
If there is strong placements in First, Second or Third positions, usually offering a 60% win percentage or above, no less than 50 entries in ranges up to and including level 10.
Title Earner savings will be posted as the horse competes, in their notes.

All transfer of ownership training deals will be limited by HGP and not rarity using the following:
40000 HGP and below: Transfer purchase to me will be 10,000 (meaning I will pay you this amount for the horse)
HGP 40001 to 55000: Transfer purchase to me will be 15,000
HGP 55001 to 65000: Transfer purchase to me will be 20,000
HGP 65001 and above: transfer purchase to me will be 25,000
These are firm amounts which will be expected to be returned when ownership is transferred back.

I have this available as a specialty program for interested parties only; I have a lot of projects still running and will not have a lot of open spots, but if you have interest in this program, contact me by replying here of interest, program and horse and I will quote you a projected slot, expected aging and real-time processing and the expected total by-back amount (this includes ownership transfer fees and does not include any potential savings or program changes), as well as the breakdown of those prices.
will you train this filly for me?JL Golden Fire
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

jl1106 wrote: will you train this filly for me?JL Golden Fire
Yes, I can train her.
Transfer Purchase will be 20,000 (that's what I will pay you and this amount will be added to the pickup price after training is complete).
You didn't mention a program, so you'll need to choose which one (switching programs during training, will result in the pre-trained price of the switched-into program, so I suggest for you to be sure which program you want).

Training Program prices
Stamina Only (trained till above 90%): 7000 - one year guarantee
Partial Training (single discipline): 5000 per stat
Training Only: 15,000 - 3 year guarantee
Exceptions Training: 95% plus in all stats, 10,000 - under 3 year guarantee (possibly 2 year turnaround)
Competition Training: 15,000 - 3 year for training, up to 5 years for full comps

Training Complete pickup price = Program + 20,000
Approximate completion = 1 realtime week max (with exception of the competition part of the competition training program).

I will not pick her up until you choose a program.
jl1106
Visit My Farm

Post by jl1106 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
jl1106 wrote: will you train this filly for me?JL Golden Fire
Yes, I can train her.
Transfer Purchase will be 20,000 (that's what I will pay you and this amount will be added to the pickup price after training is complete).
You didn't mention a program, so you'll need to choose which one (switching programs during training, will result in the pre-trained price of the switched-into program, so I suggest for you to be sure which program you want).

Training Program prices
Stamina Only (trained till above 90%): 7000 - one year guarantee
Partial Training (single discipline): 5000 per stat
Training Only: 15,000 - 3 year guarantee
Exceptions Training: 95% plus in all stats, 10,000 - under 3 year guarantee (possibly 2 year turnaround)
Competition Training: 15,000 - 3 year for training, up to 5 years for full comps

Training Complete pickup price = Program + 20,000
Approximate completion = 1 realtime week max (with exception of the competition part of the competition training program).

I will not pick her up until you choose a program.
Sorry! I would like Training Only. if that's OK :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

jl1106 wrote: Sorry! I would like Training Only. if that's OK :D
No apology necessary!

Your receipt (will be duplicated on her notes):
Training Only on:
JL Golden Fire

To be completed in approximately 1 realtime week with guarantee of no more than 3 years.
Transfer Purchase of 20,000
Training Complete Pickup Price: 15,000 + 20,000 = 35,000

I will inform you when she's finished.
jl1106
Visit My Farm

Post by jl1106 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
jl1106 wrote: Sorry! I would like Training Only. if that's OK :D
No apology necessary!

Your receipt (will be duplicated on her notes):
Training Only on:
JL Golden Fire

To be completed in approximately 1 realtime week with guarantee of no more than 3 years.
Transfer Purchase of 20,000
Training Complete Pickup Price: 15,000 + 20,000 = 35,000

I will inform you when she's finished.
OK Thank you!!! :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

jl1106 wrote: OK Thank you!!! :D
JL Golden Fire

Your horse is ready for pickup.
She is trained to 99% plus in all stats.
Training took 2 years, 9.5 months and 4 realtime days.
Her pickup price is unchanged and will be 35,000.

As a note for reminder, she will continue to age.
Also, if she is not picked up within 24 hours, she may be entered into competitions.

Enjoy your trained filly!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:18 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:18 pm