The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Leopard Patterns - Information and open discussion

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Re: Leopard Patterns - Information and open discussion

Post by Totina »

Silverine wrote:
FINALLY! Neck AND face! It's been super frustrating to get to this point. She's missing a spot or two on her rump and legs, but that'll come eventually.

That's great! I have still not found the right genes for white face on my black based horses but I have, on the other hand, found more white genes on chestnut based horses in the area behind the eyes.

ℬℳ Destiny
Grand Hope River
Visit My Farm

Post by Grand Hope River »

Their mother was an interesting appaloosa, although I don't think they are leopards they are kinda close.

Velvet Providence

March Of Providence

Although I am curious on what kind of appaloosa their mother was.
Might breed leopard appaloosa Arabians, which means I need to find some mares..
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Wow!!!

What one misses when they're away!
These horses are brilliantly beautiful!

Now I REALLY feel behind... Ha!

Absolutely gorgeous horses. I am SO happy that the site doesn't just delete inactive accounts.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

BlackOak2 wrote:Wow!!!

What one misses when they're away!
These horses are brilliantly beautiful!

Now I REALLY feel behind... Ha!

Absolutely gorgeous horses. I am SO happy that the site doesn't just delete inactive accounts.
Welcome back! I was inactive for some time as well but as you say, it is good that inactive accounts don't get deleted since you never know if/when you want to start playing the game again.
If you will continue to breed leopard horses I usually have 4 of my near leopard stallions up for stud, if you need some boosting with the new pattern genes.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

[quote="Totina

Welcome back! I was inactive for some time as well but as you say, it is good that inactive accounts don't get deleted since you never know if/when you want to start playing the game again.
If you will continue to breed leopard horses I usually have 4 of my near leopard stallions up for stud, if you need some boosting with the new pattern genes.[/quote]

Thank You!
I always keep them in mind! Whenever I need to try an outside stud, yours and Silverine's are the first I look at (actually, I can generally tell by looks alone yours and hers from the rest of the community).
I've been away so long that all my projects are foreign to me... :oops:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who know that feeling.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

I don't know when it happened, but I got white behind the eyes of my black-based babies.

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:I don't know when it happened, but I got white behind the eyes of my black-based babies.
That's a gorgeous face!
That's the type of face real leopard breeders in real life look for. If only they showed horses like this in televised, international level jumping and cross country... Bays, chestnuts and browns are all good and nice, but when your mouth starts watering when you say the gray coming into the jumping ring... that's the moment you know you're just a little starved for color.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

Silverine wrote:I don't know when it happened, but I got white behind the eyes of my black-based babies.

That's awesome! I've had the genes for that area on my black based horses for quite some time now but I still haven't found the extended white face that you have in your herd.
On the other hand I have found a gene for another "problem area" on the left rear leg.

These two stallions show white on the front side of the left rear leg.

I intend to combine that white area with the white around the stifle, which I got with a little help from one of your stallions.

Hopefully that could finally make the rear leg almost completely covered in white.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Totina wrote:

I intend to combine that white area with the white around the stifle, which I got with a little help from one of your stallions.

Hopefully that could finally make the rear leg almost completely covered in white.
This boy has the upper area. Let me know if you want some breedings to him.

Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

Silverine wrote:
This boy has the upper area. Let me know if you want some breedings to him.

I'd love to breed some of my mares to him! :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 pm