The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Leopard Patterns - Information and open discussion

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Leopard Patterns - Information and open discussion

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: Not in-game Yet.

But at the rate we're progressing, it looks like it'll be quite a few more years before we get to that point.
Yeah, it seems that the devs have had other things come up that are more important, or they're working on stuff that we can't see. Either way I'm just glad the game is still here. :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Yeah, it seems that the devs have had other things come up that are more important, or they're working on stuff that we can't see. Either way I'm just glad the game is still here. :)
DITTO!!

For all the years I've looked, trying to find ANY game like this... I will happily play this game unchanged for another 5 years until they decide to update again.

My largest complaint may have to be the simple fact that it's not console. But I'm not sure this could be played like that. It would make connecting to the internet void, which would fix the gallery pictures :roll: and would make my aging pc obsolete as well (which would probably be a much better option, it's seen much better days).

But really, what can be said about this game? It's fully operational and entirely customizable... as far as horses go. I am satisfied with it. Which are words I don't get to say anymore.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:DITTO!!

For all the years I've looked, trying to find ANY game like this... I will happily play this game unchanged for another 5 years until they decide to update again.

My largest complaint may have to be the simple fact that it's not console. But I'm not sure this could be played like that. It would make connecting to the internet void, which would fix the gallery pictures :roll: and would make my aging pc obsolete as well (which would probably be a much better option, it's seen much better days).

But really, what can be said about this game? It's fully operational and entirely customizable... as far as horses go. I am satisfied with it. Which are words I don't get to say anymore.
Definitely. The one game I would have taken over this one isn't online anymore, and none of the others are anywhere near as good. I love the fact that can progress through the game at your own pace and even if you leave for a long time your farm is waiting for you exactly as it was before you left.

I would really like white markings other than leopard just for variety, but I understand how difficult the graphics and genetic programming is so I'm willing to let it slide. XD I don't have a console, so that wouldn't help me much. T_T

Apart from being operational, the mods are super responsive. Large bugs are usually fixed within the week, smaller ones faster (or not if they're not important). I think that's partially because the community is small, it makes it easier for the players to be heard. At the same time it puts a greater burden on the players here to support the game. Which I don't mind. I'll gladly spare what I can to keep a game I love running. :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Definitely. The one game I would have taken over this one isn't online anymore, and none of the others are anywhere near as good. I love the fact that can progress through the game at your own pace and even if you leave for a long time your farm is waiting for you exactly as it was before you left.

I would really like white markings other than leopard just for variety, but I understand how difficult the graphics and genetic programming is so I'm willing to let it slide. XD I don't have a console, so that wouldn't help me much. T_T

Apart from being operational, the mods are super responsive. Large bugs are usually fixed within the week, smaller ones faster (or not if they're not important). I think that's partially because the community is small, it makes it easier for the players to be heard. At the same time it puts a greater burden on the players here to support the game. Which I don't mind. I'll gladly spare what I can to keep a game I love running. :)
I agree. I help when I can, correct my own faulty understandings and move forward.
I'm kind of mixed between wanting paint patterns or white markings. But I would like another visual change. However, like you, I can wait. :D

I also agree about the responsiveness of our mods. It'd be really great if they could get somebody else to help actually moderate the game, rather than just administrate, but with the small community, it's not too hard for us players to keep managing it.
I do worry still about something happening, like that recent chat problem. But... I also must look at the type of people attracted to a game like this, and... WE are of a very particular sort of people. Bored with other similar, but not satisfying games. Tired of other communities and the 'games' they play.
I suppose we are a bit of a lonesome type of people. I mean, we are fewer in number. So that could also be the reason our community, even after three years fully operational, we still don't have many people playing.

I'm good with that. Keeps things easier.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: I agree. I help when I can, correct my own faulty understandings and move forward.
I'm kind of mixed between wanting paint patterns or white markings. But I would like another visual change. However, like you, I can wait. :D

I also agree about the responsiveness of our mods. It'd be really great if they could get somebody else to help actually moderate the game, rather than just administrate, but with the small community, it's not too hard for us players to keep managing it.
I do worry still about something happening, like that recent chat problem. But... I also must look at the type of people attracted to a game like this, and... WE are of a very particular sort of people. Bored with other similar, but not satisfying games. Tired of other communities and the 'games' they play.
I suppose we are a bit of a lonesome type of people. I mean, we are fewer in number. So that could also be the reason our community, even after three years fully operational, we still don't have many people playing.

I'm good with that. Keeps things easier.
I wasn't in chat for the recent incident, and I actually stopped frequenting it because it's not really the kind of interaction I enjoy in general. (I prefer forums where you have more time reply. XD) But I think that in general this game tends to attract a more mature kind of player simply for the fact that it is complex and you won't go far in it without patience and perseverance.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
I wasn't in chat for the recent incident, and I actually stopped frequenting it because it's not really the kind of interaction I enjoy in general. (I prefer forums where you have more time reply. XD) But I think that in general this game tends to attract a more mature kind of player simply for the fact that it is complex and you won't go far in it without patience and perseverance.
I don't join chat either. There was enough trouble in chat that it was reported into the forums to catch our admins eyes. And I agree, time to reply (and reread what you chose to write), is important. There are quite a few times that I write a reply then after I read what I'm replying to and reread my own reply, I simply delete it and decide to not reply at all. There are a lot of posts that really don't require anything to be said.

Eventually, I'm sure we'll get some dingbats and more pot-stirrers that like discord, dissension and general drama, but for now, I'm really grateful that our community is the way it is. I remember a time when Howrse had a community not too far from the one we enjoy on this game today. Those were better times on Howrse, but that is very long ago and a far cry from what it was when I was last on it.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: I don't join chat either. There was enough trouble in chat that it was reported into the forums to catch our admins eyes. And I agree, time to reply (and reread what you chose to write), is important. There are quite a few times that I write a reply then after I read what I'm replying to and reread my own reply, I simply delete it and decide to not reply at all. There are a lot of posts that really don't require anything to be said.

Eventually, I'm sure we'll get some dingbats and more pot-stirrers that like discord, dissension and general drama, but for now, I'm really grateful that our community is the way it is. I remember a time when Howrse had a community not too far from the one we enjoy on this game today. Those were better times on Howrse, but that is very long ago and a far cry from what it was when I was last on it.
Hopefully it'll be a while. I think the forums are still slow enough that there's not too much opportunity to stir up trouble. Some stuff pops up every now and then, but the culprits usually get told off about it quickly enough. XD
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Hopefully it'll be a while. I think the forums are still slow enough that there's not too much opportunity to stir up trouble. Some stuff pops up every now and then, but the culprits usually get told off about it quickly enough. XD
Here's a teacup:

I included the most likely genes parents have.

Offer whatever you want (if you want her).
Let me know if you want others.
I hoped it wouldn't take me too long to produce another! :lol: Real time: about a day Game time: like 4 years.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: Here's a teacup:

I included the most likely genes parents have.

Offer whatever you want (if you want her).
Let me know if you want others.
I hoped it wouldn't take me too long to produce another! :lol: Real time: about a day Game time: like 4 years.
Thank you! She's adorable! Hopefully she'll mix well with my boys that have some spread down the face to get everything except that jaw area covered.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Thank you! She's adorable! Hopefully she'll mix well with my boys that have some spread down the face to get everything except that jaw area covered.
That may not be too far off. I've recently (just yesterday) had one born with a speckling of cheek coverage. Granted it was on a double Lp, but usually they seem to begin appearing before the single Lp spreads to that area.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:10 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:10 pm