The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Impressive Instant Stud Farmlog

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
ImpressiveInstant
Visit My Farm

Impressive Instant Stud Farmlog

Post by ImpressiveInstant »

Welcome to the Farmlog of Impressive Instant Stud!
I plan to use this as a public diary of sorts to keep a record of events that transpire on my corner of this wonderful horse game. Most of what I write is purely dribble and incoherent thoughts because I don't really filter what falls out of my mouth..but however! Please don't feel like you have to read this if you don't want to! It's just a nice way to document where I have gone and how my Stud has evolved. Thank you for reading if you do decide to give my diary a try :)____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I began with the standard two horses, I chose Turkmene horses because my favourite breed of horse (Andalusian) wasn't available to me so I simply picked the "prettiest" looking breed from the Adoption Center.
I ended up with Heart Aflame and Chance Of Luck (whom I brought because the stud I imported was poo) and that is where it all began. Chance was my first ever Champion and he started a love affair with winning horses. He earnt his Championship in racing and brought me home $137,766. He even made it onto the Top Earning Turkmene Horses Rankings!

-II- Heart Aflame

-II- Chance Of Luck

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

My first breeding goal was to breed long flowing thin manes into my lines. This wasn't and still isn't very easy. So my first homebred Akhal-Tekes were hit and miss. The foal from Heart Aflame is Soul On Fire. He started my Akhal-Teke line. He is still alive and well as I write this as I started a second farm for the purpose of retiring my best horses on without aging them. That farm is ImpressiveInstant2.

My foal from Chance Of Luck is Fortunes Moon. She has the lovely long thin mane that I was aiming for! She had three foals that I have continued my bloodline on with, The Jester, Sweet Sacrifice and Light Of My Life. I'll talk more about them in the next chapter thingy.

-II- Fortunes Moon

Moon earnt me $35,029 and her Grand Champ in Saddleseat which was a great starting point, as by this stage I'm thinking I will aim for my second breeding goal, to only breed from horses that have earnt their Championship titles or higher.

-II- Soul On Fire

Soul has the far better show career! He really came into his own in the Speed related disciplines taking me home $125,690 currently and earning his Grand Championship in Steeplechasing and Harness Racing, and Championships in Endurance, Show-Jumping, Racing and Cross-Country!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fortunes Moon was never moved over to the retirement account so she has since passed on. Her foals are The Jester, Light Of My Life and Sweet Sacrifice. The last two were bred to Soul to combine my bloodlines.

-II- The Jester

The Jester himself wasn't much as I never trained or competed him. I guess I was disappointed with him because he never passed on his Leopard pattern, so he sat in the Sin Bin most of his life. The one defining thing he did however was he sired my best horse to date, Fabulously Devious. More about him in the next chapter.

-II- Sweet Sacrifice

Sweet Sacrifice turned out like his sire with the silly medium hair and palomino colour (I've come to hate palominos as thats all I seem to have!! And they're notoriously hard to breed out) But has redeemed himself with an excellent career. Hes earnt his Grand Champs in Show-Jumping and Steeplechasing and his Championship in Racing. He's brought home $130,381 at the moment. Sacrifice has sired Smoky Rituals so far.

-II- Light Of My Life

Light is named after a note I found that my dad wrote for my mother. It's sad because my mother cheated on him and basically told him "she never loved him" :'( Poor dad. Some people don't deserve the crap they get handed in life :'(
Light has earnt her Sprint Racing and Harness Racing Grand Championships and Championships in Steeplechasing and Cross-Country. Her earnings are $131,776 so far. She has an unusual coat that keeps darkening with age. That funny Leopard pattern at play I thinks :) I've yet to get a decent foal from Light, but so far I have Ascension.

Phew! I think now I'm up to date on the majority of my bloodlines. Until next time!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:01 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:01 am