The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Earth Creek Ranch [closed]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: Earth Creek Ranch

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:YASSSS!! A 4* filly with height as the problem!!! Finally! After 4 failures! I also got a colt that happened to be N/A... that got rehomed, but at least I have that 1 filly! Lol please keep telling me about your Arab and Danish projects for some encouragement!!!
Congratulations....and I have no bloody idea what is up with Quarter Horses :mad: this is the most frustrating project I've taken on lol. If I didn't have ya as a partner I would have said SCREW THIS a long time ago :lol: I didn't have this much problems with my Arabian and Belgians....>.> My Arabians throw 5* most of the time, but when they don't the problem is ALWAYS in height. My Belgians always threw 5* but when they didn't, it was in body size, but I didn't care cuz I was focused on their coat colors more than anything.

The Danish project is a toss up 50/50, I'll say most of the time I get 4*, sometimes 5*, sometimes 3*, as long as it's not build, type or body size (to a certain degree, if it's close to meeting the standard like the new Danish foal, that's fine)...but it's still NOT AS HARD as this one has been for us and the Danish horses aren't even popular-ish like the Quarter Horses GRRRR!
All I can say for encouragement is eventually we'll get 5*, but we just gotta cull and keep culling until we get what we want. I say this out of experience, when I first began my Arabians and Belgians, I let it slide, give a little you get a mile really, once I started breeding what I wanted consistent, I got militant and refused to keep crap horses laying around :twisted: And look at the two fillies the mares just dropped for me, or the colt....being militant pays off.

As for my future champion hunter, I started training him in the stats important for hunters. He's popping 1st place in the local shows at level 6 every time now, he has made me 418 tokens and gave me back my turns. His win percent in competition is 40% but that's my fault, I entered him into every hunter show I could find without checking the levels :lol: right now he's 66.9% trained :P
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:YASSSS!! A 4* filly with height as the problem!!! Finally! After 4 failures! I also got a colt that happened to be N/A... that got rehomed, but at least I have that 1 filly! Lol please keep telling me about your Arab and Danish projects for some encouragement!!!
Congratulations....and I have no bloody idea what is up with Quarter Horses :mad: this is the most frustrating project I've taken on lol. If I didn't have ya as a partner I would have said SCREW THIS a long time ago :lol: I didn't have this much problems with my Arabian and Belgians....>.> My Arabians throw 5* most of the time, but when they don't the problem is ALWAYS in height. My Belgians always threw 5* but when they didn't, it was in body size, but I didn't care cuz I was focused on their coat colors more than anything.

The Danish project is a toss up 50/50, I'll say most of the time I get 4*, sometimes 5*, sometimes 3*, as long as it's not build, type or body size (to a certain degree, if it's close to meeting the standard like the new Danish foal, that's fine)...but it's still NOT AS HARD as this one has been for us and the Danish horses aren't even popular-ish like the Quarter Horses GRRRR!
All I can say for encouragement is eventually we'll get 5*, but we just gotta cull and keep culling until we get what we want. I say this out of experience, when I first began my Arabians and Belgians, I let it slide, give a little you get a mile really, once I started breeding what I wanted consistent, I got militant and refused to keep crap horses laying around :twisted:

As for my future champion hunter, I started training him in the stats important for hunters. He's popping 1st place in the local shows at level 6 every time now, he has made me 418 tokens and gave me back my turns. His win percent in competition is 40% but that's my fault, I entered him into every hunter show I could find without checking the levels :lol: right now he's 66.9% trained :P

Haha seriously! I've been debating that multiple times already!!!! It's like, FORGET THIS!! And then you get that 4* filly and decide to stick it out. I'm really glad I have you as my partner as well :) Oh, I put up my 4* Quarter stud for sale so he can go on the holding account (height is his problem). Hos name is Hope Valley Gold in case you have to search for him. Lol I already got a $40 offer on him! :lol: Thank you for the advice on getting rid of junk horses, sometimes I hesitate on certain ones thinking, make i could use it.... but I know I never will... so yeah, just rehome!! Keep going with the hunter colt! I can't wait to see where he goes in his competition career!!!!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

All I can say for encouragement is eventually we'll get 5*, but we just gotta cull and keep culling until we get what we want. I say this out of experience, when I first began my Arabians and Belgians, I let it slide, give a little you get a mile really, once I started breeding what I wanted consistent, I got militant and refused to keep crap horses laying around :twisted:

Haha seriously! I've been debating that multiple times already!!!! It's like, FORGET THIS!! And then you get that 4* filly and decide to stick it out. I'm really glad I have you as my partner as well :) Oh, I put up my 4* Quarter stud for sale so he can go on the holding account (height is his problem). Hos name is Hope Valley Gold in case you have to search for him. Lol I already got a $40 offer on him! :lol: Thank you for the advice on getting rid of junk horses, sometimes I hesitate on certain ones thinking, make i could use it.... but I know I never will... so yeah, just rehome!! Keep going with the hunter colt! I can't wait to see where he goes in his competition career!!!!
Okay, let me hop over to the account and get the guy :) No problem on the advice I'm glad to give it, comes out of personal experience :P This is just the MOST frustrating project I've done....glad I got ya as a partner myself :lol: Trust me being militant will pay off, earlier this afternoon the same mares that dropped the fillies I have linked on the pages dropped two 3 green 1 gold foals....I said NOPE and culled them good :twisted: Look at what I got the next time around....same studs too....TWO six stat fillies :D Trust me, we'll get there...and yeah I'll be glad to kep you updated on the colt :P. Anyway, hopping to go get your guy ^^
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor7 wrote:ping
So...WOOT WOOT....my eldest Arab broodmare (24 y/o for this last one) just dropped me my 4th six stat filly; 3 gold 3 green, 65,506 HGP, 4* and of course in height :lol: But yep so happy and now the old mare has earned her retirement ^.^ May she eventually rest in peace!

Oh, and as for the colt....he's now showing in level 8 local hunters 1st and 2nd places across, has gave me my turns back and I now 421 tokens cuz of him <3 As for his competition record, he has 51 points after 13 starts, one in 1st place, 2 in 2nd and 3 in 3rd giving him 46.2% wins, showing at level 3. He is also at 101.2% training now ;)

EDIT:
Got another WOOT WOOT! Straight to the Moon (Straight Moon's mom) foaled me my FIFTH six stat filly, 4 gold 2 green---and also my HIGHEST GP filly at 67,494 HGP!! Of course, another 4* in height, but I don't care...so happy! :D

EDIT #2:

My shorter QH mare AQ Golden Candle dropped a filly.....with 4* in height :D She has a gold intelligence, green agility and 49,068 HGP. FINALLY!!!!!

OH, I also put your other stud up for breeding!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor97 wrote:ping
Okay so there's a quite a lot of you to read in the previous ping above this one so I'll keep this sweet and simple!

AQ Golden Candle, again my short QH, was bred to your stud Hope Valley Gold....and she just foaled. It's another filly with 47k+ GP and a gold Intelligence. So far so good. And then :mad:
The evaluation is just terrible....I mean....why is this so frustrating?!!! One 4* and that's it? I'm lucky for just one foaling? Gosh...:roll:
JUST KIDDING :lol: She dropped my first 5* QH! WOOT WOOT!!!!! I bred her again to the stud in hopes of getting another 5* :) So happy!!! <3

cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor97 wrote:ping
Okay so there's a quite a lot of you to read in the previous ping above this one so I'll keep this sweet and simple!

AQ Golden Candle, again my short QH, was bred to your stud Hope Valley Gold....and she just foaled. It's another filly with 47k+ GP and a gold Intelligence. So far so good. And then :mad:
The evaluation is just terrible....I mean....why is this so frustrating?!!! One 4* and that's it? I'm lucky for just one foaling? Gosh...:roll:
JUST KIDDING :lol: She dropped my first 5* QH! WOOT WOOT!!!!! I bred her again to the stud in hopes of getting another 5* :) So happy!!! <3

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else can I say besides, I'm jealous!? lol :lol:
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor7 wrote:ping
So...WOOT WOOT....my eldest Arab broodmare (24 y/o for this last one) just dropped me my 4th six stat filly; 3 gold 3 green, 65,506 HGP, 4* and of course in height :lol: But yep so happy and now the old mare has earned her retirement ^.^ May she eventually rest in peace!

Oh, and as for the colt....he's now showing in level 8 local hunters 1st and 2nd places across, has gave me my turns back and I now 421 tokens cuz of him <3 As for his competition record, he has 51 points after 13 starts, one in 1st place, 2 in 2nd and 3 in 3rd giving him 46.2% wins, showing at level 3. He is also at 101.2% training now ;)

EDIT:
Got another WOOT WOOT! Straight to the Moon (Straight Moon's mom) foaled me my FIFTH six stat filly, 4 gold 2 green---and also my HIGHEST GP filly at 67,494 HGP!! Of course, another 4* in height, but I don't care...so happy! :D

EDIT #2:

My shorter QH mare AQ Golden Candle dropped a filly.....with 4* in height :D She has a gold intelligence, green agility and 49,068 HGP. FINALLY!!!!!

You're getting all the good luck now! :lol: I'm glad for you!! Great job on everything!! Sorry I haven't been answering promptly, I should hopefully be on more today!!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

EDIT:

EDIT #2:

You're getting all the good luck now! :lol: I'm glad for you!! Great job on everything!! Sorry I haven't been answering promptly, I should hopefully be on more today!!
Hahah it's okay! I've been busy while you've been offline! And I like having good luck <3

One of my Danish mares dropped a 5* colt today.

The future champion is now a stallion and 409.6% trained. He's now showing both in hunters and cross country. He wins 1st places straight across the board in level 9 hunters and level 6 cross country, and has earned me 447 pony tokens from 421 (so close to premium again!).
For true competition, he has $4,821 total earnings from hunters and cross country. $3,218 earnings in hunters showing at level 4 now with 148 points (almost 200 to be a champion!) 47.4% wins---4 3rd places, 3rd 2nd places and 2 1st places. For cross country he has $1,160 total earnings showing at level 2 with 29 points--63.6% wins---5 3rd places and 2 1st places. I entered him in more hunter and cross country shows today, we'll see how he does! I keep training him between the shows of course, cuz ya know, more training the better they perform.

Oh....and don't yell at me for this, but I bred him to his grandma (Straight to the Moon). They both have great genetics and I wanted to see if I could enhance them by doing some interbreeding. Here's their colt:

There are no negative or average comments in his breeding report anywhere. He is 5* carrying 5 golds 1 green (another six stat :D) and a genetic potential of 68,573. I bred his grandma to him again to see what a filly from their mating is like.
Oh, and if you want to check him out, here's the lovely stallion that's almost a champion in Hunter:

Hmm I think I covered every thing that I was super excited to tell you about, but if I remember something I'll let you know! :lol:

EDIT:
Got another 4* QH filly foal on the ground! She's sired by the dappled stud of yours and out of my tall mare Diamond Candy....and she's a palomino, adorable <3 GP 47,937 and a gold intelligence.

EDIT #2 (8/9/17):

Another 4* QH filly! No reds, 40,413 hgp. Looks like she'll be a sooty palomino (going by her legs being darker than the rest of her). She is sired by your stud Not a Lil' Storm and out of my tall mare Diamond Candy who has earned her retirement. Miss seeing you on btw :(

Another edit 8/9/17:

Got another filly with 4* in height! Last foal for my short QH. No reds, 43,408 hgp....and what a beautiful baby she is <3

Last edited by JillJessie1997 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:ping
You have a lot again to read in the ping before this one so I'll make this also sweet and to the point....

My future champion hunter colt now stallion just got his first Champion title in hunter! :D
Almost got him fully trained (503.1%) and hoping he gets a title in cross country! Showing great potential so far! His earnings total from both disciplines is $10,472 right now :D
So proud!

cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:ping
You have a lot again to read in the ping before this one so I'll make this also sweet and to the point....

My future champion hunter colt now stallion just got his first Champion title in hunter! :D
Almost got him fully trained (503.1%) and hoping he gets a title in cross country! Showing great potential so far! His earnings total from both disciplines is $10,472 right now :D
So proud!

Wow I am SO PROUD of you!!!! What else can I say!!?? Except, I wish I could be on more :(
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:14 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:14 pm