The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Earth Creek Ranch [closed]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: Earth Creek Ranch

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
High five back to ya! I just upgraded him to level 6 local Hunter and he placed 1st straight across! No turns this time :( but think he's trying to tell me something for sure!
Seriously!!! Wow he sure is! No training too? You've got a champ ;)
Yep that's right! No training whatsoever none ;) I think I'm gonna place him in actual Hunter competition as many as I can then go read a book while I wait for my turns....9 pm game time here so it's not like I can local show them back xD
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Seriously!!! Wow he sure is! No training too? You've got a champ ;)
Yep that's right! No training whatsoever none ;) I think I'm gonna place him in actual Hunter competition as many as I can then go read a book while I wait for my turns....9 pm game time here so it's not like I can local show them back xD
Yeah true! He is going to be an amazing horse!!! So- news! One of my mares dropped a 4* filly! Her height and body size are fine, she's just 1% too large pony type. I'm going to keep her tho, because her body size is fine, that's the easiest to mess up! how are your Quarters coming along?
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Yeah true! He is going to be an amazing horse!!! So- news! One of my mares dropped a 4* filly! Her height and body size are fine, she's just 1% too large pony type. I'm going to keep her tho, because her body size is fine, that's the easiest to mess up! how are your Quarters coming along?
Congrats on the filly! Mine aren't coming along yet, they haven't dropped a single foal that I've not culled :twisted: And it's starting to make me rage :mad: but hopefully this time around they'll drop some good foals lol
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Congrats on the filly! Mine aren't coming along yet, they haven't dropped a single foal that I've not culled :twisted: And it's starting to make me rage :mad: but hopefully this time around they'll drop some good foals lol
Ugh that's frustrating! I'm sorry about that, I hope you get some good ones! Velvet is the filly's name, and at 0.5 months she's winning Reining local shows Level 3 straight across! im so happy! I'm planning on training her and entering her in some reining competitions! Despite the fact she is a filly and not a colt! I guess she's proving to me that fillies can do as well as colts!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Ugh my luck ran out.. got another filly that looked amazing with good stats- but- she was 3* so I rehomed her :oops:
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Ugh that's frustrating! I'm sorry about that, I hope you get some good ones! Velvet is the filly's name, and at 0.5 months she's winning Reining local shows Level 3 straight across! im so happy! I'm planning on training her and entering her in some reining competitions! Despite the fact she is a filly and not a colt! I guess she's proving to me that fillies can do as well as colts!
Congrats! Very happy to hear that! Sorry for the later response, I was busy riding my horse in real life...blew time to get all my turns back ;) She was great!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Ugh my luck ran out.. got another filly that looked amazing with good stats- but- she was 3* so I rehomed her :oops:
Oh noes! :oops: I got all my turns back so I'm gonna get those foals dropping! Did you happen to see the post about one of my Arab fillies that dropped? She is the second to have six stats and 65k+ HGP :D She's the sister to my so far awesome colt with the 70,413 HGP. I bred their parents again in hopes of another great filly <3 Oh....and two of my Danish fillies turned 4 and have been bred....unfortunately to their father since he's the only stud of the breed up. Cant wait for them to breed pure and then can get some new blood in the lines! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Just checked on the colt's competition. He has had 3 starts....66.7% wins. 1 under 1st and under 2nd place. He's in level 2. Maybe I should put some training on him specifically for hunters ;)

EDIT #2:

YES!!!!! Straight Moon just dropped another filly....ANOTHER six stat 3 gold 3 green with 65k+ HGP! And this time, she has a evaluation of 5*! WOOT WOOT!!!

EDIT #3 and #4:

My QH mares dropped their foals....both fillies. 3* filly rehomed immediately. 4* filly body size being the problem rehomed. I'm getting so dang mad :mad: WHY AM I HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE :( :( I bred them again. Oh and I moved my stud over to the holding farm, he doesn't get in the nice pretty barn until he helps to breed me something useful :twisted: but if you want to keep using him let me know, I'll have to take down the other stud for the time being until I take more stallion handling classes.

My 2 Danish mares foaled, the first one was 3* even though both parents were 5* and she was rehomed, the second one just dropped her filly and I was going to rehome her cuz she's 3* too in height and body size but I looked at the percentage and she's very close to the requirements (30-60%) at 27.45%. I would have kept the other one but she didn't come close to even meeting the standard. On the bright side, these matings will give me 100% Danish Warmbloods!!! :D :D When I have a couple of fillies and a colt, I'll cross them with my superior Arabs to get some golds/greens in their lines and a higher GP, then cross them back. For the while, here's a picture of the new DANISH WARMBLOOD filly :D

cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Oh noes! :oops: I got all my turns back so I'm gonna get those foals dropping! Did you happen to see the post about one of my Arab fillies that dropped? She is the second to have six stats and 65k+ HGP :D She's the sister to my so far awesome colt with the 70,413 HGP. I bred their parents again in hopes of another great filly <3 Oh....and two of my Danish fillies turned 4 and have been bred....unfortunately to their father since he's the only stud of the breed up. Cant wait for them to breed pure and then can get some new blood in the lines! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Just checked on the colt's competition. He has had 3 starts....66.7% wins. 1 under 1st and under 2nd place. He's in level 2. Maybe I should put some training on him specifically for hunters ;)

EDIT #2:

YES!!!!! Straight Moon just dropped another filly....ANOTHER six stat 3 gold 3 green with 65k+ HGP! And this time, she has a evaluation of 5*! WOOT WOOT!!!

EDIT #3 and #4:

My QH mares dropped their foals....both fillies. 3* filly rehomed immediately. 4* filly body size being the problem rehomed. I'm getting so dang mad :mad: WHY AM I HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE :( :( I bred them again. Oh and I moved my stud over to the holding farm, he doesn't get in the nice pretty barn until he helps to breed me something useful :twisted: but if you want to keep using him let me know, I'll have to take down the other stud for the time being until I take more stallion handling classes.

My 2 Danish mares foaled, the first one was 3* even though both parents were 5* and she was rehomed, the second one just dropped her filly and I was going to rehome her cuz she's 3* too in height and body size but I looked at the percentage and she's very close to the requirements (30-60%) at 27.45%. I would have kept the other one but she didn't come close to even meeting the standard. On the bright side, these matings will give me 100% Danish Warmbloods!!! :D :D When I have a couple of fillies and a colt, I'll cross them with my superior Arabs to get some golds/greens in their lines and a higher GP, then cross them back. For the while, here's a picture of the new DANISH WARMBLOOD filly :D

I can't believe this!!!!! Three of my mares had a filly each- had to rehome every single one!! The first two were 3*, too short and body sizes way too small!! Then the third was N/A!!! Super mad right now :evil: I guess we're both having trouble! whats with Quarters!?
CONGRATS ON YOUR ARAB FILLIES!!!!!!!!!
And your Danish project as well ;)
And of course, your future champion hunter <3 keep me updated on him!!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

I GOT ANOTHER 3* HEIGHT BODY SIZE PROBLEM FILLY WHATS GOING ON!?
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

YASSSS!! A 4* filly with height as the problem!!! Finally! After 4 failures! I also got a colt that happened to be N/A... that got rehomed, but at least I have that 1 filly! Lol please keep telling me about your Arab and Danish projects for some encouragement!!!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 am