The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Earth Creek Ranch [closed]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: My first 2 gold Quarter Horse!!!

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
I'm actually having a lot of fun breeding Quarter Horses, the project started out difficult and now I'm consistently breeding 5* QHs, and will be to focus solely on the breeders reports. Quite satisfying getting over the evaluation hump. If you want to take a break from the project though, I understand...maybe I could help you with a different project and I'll continue with the QHs. Any breeds you want to move on to? :D Maybe if you're interested we could try creating that breed I made up, the Appaloosa Pacer...breeding appaloosa coats onto Standardbreds. That could make for another difficult project...Standardbreds are not one of the popular breeds on the game and to maintain 5* evaluation plus color is a challenge on a rarer breed. IDK, up to you, but I enjoy working with you!
Now i feel bad :? It's just frustrating to sort through all the crappy studs and since I have like 20 mares... it's so hard to keep track of everybody! Maybe I should just downsize? I like being partners with you too! I really want to breed racing horses. Not purebreds, maybe Deliboz, Thoroughbred, and Arabian blood? And maybe Akhal-Teke too? And an entire black line since I love black horses.... Idk I've been trying to breed the Black stallion so now I want to expand and do a whole line of black racing horses! What are your thoughts?
Sorry for the late reply! I've been safe in Alabama...we are getting a little bit of Irma but she's a tropical storm at this point. I heard from my mom, our mobile home has minimal damage...front storm door and 2 pieces of siding blew off but that's about it....and most importantly, all animals are okay! :D
I really don't want to breed racing horses to be honest...I'm not big on racing. A line of black horses, though, I would try my hand breeding for sure. Love black horses. I was thinking either Akhal Teke or Turkmenes maybe? I like the conformation of the Turkmenes better than Tekes. I'm also heavily leaning towards trying to create my Appaloosa Pacer as I think it would be a challenge keeping color and good evaluation on a rarer breed. IDK...
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Now i feel bad :? It's just frustrating to sort through all the crappy studs and since I have like 20 mares... it's so hard to keep track of everybody! Maybe I should just downsize? I like being partners with you too! I really want to breed racing horses. Not purebreds, maybe Deliboz, Thoroughbred, and Arabian blood? And maybe Akhal-Teke too? And an entire black line since I love black horses.... Idk I've been trying to breed the Black stallion so now I want to expand and do a whole line of black racing horses! What are your thoughts?
Sorry for the late reply! I've been safe in Alabama...we are getting a little bit of Irma but she's a tropical storm at this point. I heard from my mom, our mobile home has minimal damage...front storm door and 2 pieces of siding blew off but that's about it....and most importantly, all animals are okay! :D
I really don't want to breed racing horses to be honest...I'm not big on racing. A line of black horses, though, I would try my hand breeding for sure. Love black horses. I was thinking either Akhal Teke or Turkmenes maybe? I like the conformation of the Turkmenes better than Tekes. I'm also heavily leaning towards trying to create my Appaloosa Pacer as I think it would be a challenge keeping color and good evaluation on a rarer breed. IDK...
Glad you and your animals are safe! Black Turkmenes I'd be interested in, I also love their conformations! I don't really like the whole sport of racing, but I do love fast horses! It is one of my dreams to ride a race horse around a track someday! I just love speed, and black horses. Maybe black Turkemes that are super fast?
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Glad you and your animals are safe! Black Turkmenes I'd be interested in, I also love their conformations! I don't really like the whole sport of racing, but I do love fast horses! It is one of my dreams to ride a race horse around a track someday! I just love speed, and black horses. Maybe black Turkemes that are super fast?
Back in FL and just got over a wicked sickness! Super fast black Turkmenes sounds like it would be a fun project!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Back in FL and just got over a wicked sickness! Super fast black Turkmenes sounds like it would be a fun project!
Man I'm sorry! Glad you're back! So.... time to dive back in I guess! Fast black Turkmenes... you know, since we are currently breeding a western breed, why don't we try another? Like Appys, Paints, Colorado Rangers, Quarabs, Appendix Quarters, etc? Any ideas? Or do you want to stick with Turkmenes?
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Man I'm sorry! Glad you're back! So.... time to dive back in I guess! Fast black Turkmenes... you know, since we are currently breeding a western breed, why don't we try another? Like Appys, Paints, Colorado Rangers, Quarabs, Appendix Quarters, etc? Any ideas? Or do you want to stick with Turkmenes?
My sickness is coming back :( I don't have the greatest immune system and it starts to get weak around this time of year but I don't start getting ill all the time starting until around November and strengthening back up in March so this is unusual. I don't care for it xD But oh well...crap happens I guess....Now that you mention it why don't we take appaloosa coats and breed them onto Colorado Rangers? Just looked at them in the wiki and I like their conformation :P Ooohh, if not that maybe we could breed a super fast line of black AND appaloosa coat Turkmenes!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
My sickness is coming back :( I don't have the greatest immune system and it starts to get weak around this time of year but I don't start getting ill all the time starting until around November and strengthening back up in March so this is unusual. I don't care for it xD But oh well...crap happens I guess....Now that you mention it why don't we take appaloosa coats and breed them onto Colorado Rangers? Just looked at them in the wiki and I like their conformation :P Ooohh, if not that maybe we could breed a super fast line of black AND appaloosa coat Turkmenes!
You're not going to believe this... but I have two 4* and one 5* Colorado Ranger mares! Unfortunatly though, I think i either sold them or rehomed them or they died :( I might have one left! Let's try them! Unless you'd like to do something else...
So sorry about your problems with sickness! Hope you feel better!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
You're not going to believe this... but I have two 4* and one 5* Colorado Ranger mares! Unfortunatly though, I think i either sold them or rehomed them or they died :( I might have one left! Let's try them! Unless you'd like to do something else...
Sorry I haven't replied in a while! My sickness went away :mrgreen: But I definitely think we should try breeding appaloosa coated Colorado Rangers!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Sorry I haven't replied in a while! My sickness went away :mrgreen: But I definitely think we should try breeding appaloosa coated Colorado Rangers!
Glad you're feeling better! I've been taking a break from horse world as well but I'm ready to get going again! I do have two Colorado Ranger mares, one 4* and one 5*. I don't think there are any more on the market.. would you know of anyone selling Rangers?
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Glad you're feeling better! I've been taking a break from horse world as well but I'm ready to get going again! I do have two Colorado Ranger mares, one 4* and one 5*. I don't think there are any more on the market.. would you know of anyone selling Rangers?
So when my sickness away the same day my horse went ballistic on me in real life, bucking like she isn't broke and throwing me off into the driveway >_> I'm fine now, just a little sore in my rump and shoulders!

I don't know anybody selling Rangers...there are 5 of them on the stud market though. I was thinking we could buy 3-5 appaloosa coat mares then breed them to pure using the Ranger studs, culling all non appaloosa foals of course. Let me know your opinion!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
So when my sickness away the same day my horse went ballistic on me in real life, bucking like she isn't broke and throwing me off into the driveway >_> I'm fine now, just a little sore in my rump and shoulders!

I don't know anybody selling Rangers...there are 5 of them on the stud market though. I was thinking we could buy 3-5 appaloosa coat mares then breed them to pure using the Ranger studs, culling all non appaloosa foals of course. Let me know your opinion!
You are welcome to do that! :D Also, since I have two Colorado mares, I would be willing to let you have one if you want!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm