Community Forum

Foreland Estate

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Foreland Estate

Post by Farant »

Foreland Estate
Founded 05/08/17

Trakehners - Dressage
Turkmenes - Racing
Grades
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Re: Foreland Estate

Post by Farant »

Reserved
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Reserved
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Reserved
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Well, I'm ready to tell you about my new breeding program.
I decided to breed Trakehners for Dressage and to continue racing line which developed not so long ago.

Trakehners
I want to breed true to type Trakehners with a variety of colors. I'm trying to get more traditional tail carriage and get rid of Arab influence.
This is my first 97% Trakehner, bred by me. I used valler's racing mare to get him, and I'm pretty sure he has both speed and movement. Speed will fade in his foals, but movement should be passed.
FE Harvard

And a variety of mares
FE Morah

FE Wax

FE Elise

FE Brilliance

FE Cabarda

Turkmenes
I want to keep it small - just 6 mares max and hard work with foals to get the most out of my stock. But I'm pretty busy with Trakens, so I'm just waiting for the next batch of fillies to grow.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

New stallion
FE Usama

I bred my own Trakehner - colt! He will be extremely useful. 5/5 evaluation.
FE Ruby
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Little review of my future broodmares

Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I decided to add some NAB blood to my line. Mostly because they possess good movement right from the AC. I saw my project moving nowhere near to the needed dressage qualities, mostly because of quite bad starting horses. They do show neutral movement BR, but evolved balance and agility before movement. It gave me a hint of idea to make COI low, add some nice rare colors AND movement genes to my Trakens without ruining all evaluation.
Note: most of the NAB stallion available for stud qualify very well as Trakens, 4/5.
And I begun.

There's a little story about how I organize my stallions catalogue. I switched to Opera because Firefox lagged so bad I couldn't stand it anymore. Not only HWO, but Youtube, Coursera, some social media, you name it. And while I was preparing for massive breedings, I searched studs high and low. I looked through several dozens of pages with hundreds of stallions. I started with Mongolians, then Trakehners, and finished it all with Turkmenes and NABs.
Right now my folder of bookmarks on Trakehner project looks like that:

NABs folder

Turkmenes - I don't have much time for choosing Turkmene studs, but because it's really vast amount of stallions, it doesn't matter that much.

I might start to add some interesting horses later, but now I'm content.

I encountered some uncomfortable things while searching.
First, the list of breeds is TOO small. I mean not the number of breeds, but actual size of the window. For example, I need to find Arab x TB crosses. I need to choose Arabian first, then scroll down and find TB somewhere near the bottom of the list in the narrow rapidly scrolling window and click it with CTRL. I'm also upset by having no chance to save your actual search question (?). I'm using it constantly, every game year so far, and I'm angry at the need to enter this stuff over and over again. In the case of NABs I just bookmarked all the stallions I needed...

I culled excess fillies who were not pure Trakens, and I'm raisind NAB x Trak crosses. As usually, no colts needed here. COI dropped immediately and will not rise very rapidly while I'm returning the pure breed.
Some of the girls.

Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Hey Farant!
Just dropping by to let you know that I got better Mongolians on my hands than Ganzorig, if you plan on breeding from the foundation breeds again later down the line (and if no other superior ones are available to you); most notably these two: Faraom and Rhodez. ))
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Qim wrote:Hey Farant!
Just dropping by to let you know that I got better Mongolians on my hands than Ganzorig, if you plan on breeding from the foundation breeds again later down the line (and if no other superior ones are available to you); most notably these two: Faraom and Rhodez. ))
Hi! Thanks for your message. I'm currently raising some Turkmene mares and I will need your stallions for sure. I will ping you next Friday. Thanks! :D
Become a Patron!